The Monad of Creation

BloodSword

Jan 30, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
By Mournful Congregation is destroying me. This is nothing short of a masterpiece, up there with The Pale Haunt Departure for all-time favorites. This is considered funeral/doom, but I never liked that term, I prefer extreme/doom. Any thoughts?:heh:

This band is from Australia. Monad is their first full-length. The songs were written between 1994-2003. "Dawning of Mournful Hymms" is another fine release in this genre. The guitar work really stands out for me, one song is all acoustic. I think what separates this band form others in "extreme" doom are the beautiful melodies.

Ive been exploring the whole funeral doom thing lately, mostly thanks to the fabulous Esoteric. I'll check these guys out. Thanks Bloodsword! You recommended Cobalt a while ago, and that was a massive win, so thanks for that too, my friend! :kickass:

I haven't heard of this at all, but I have heard that Paul does have "the gonads of creation".
I'm not touching that one!!!!!:lol: But, for Beast, Monad-- an indestructible entity that is the basic or ultimate constituent of the universe and a microcosm of it. Having an automonous life. In short, "The Monad of Creation" is a masterpiece. It's the guitars man, those fucking brilliantly played guitars. And the lyrics are excellent. The song-"The Dawn beheld it's Mortal Thirst" is all acoustic and unbelievable. Beast, you can probably pick this up at redstream.org for about $13.45. Don't hesitate, because it might get gone.

It's true. My spawn is cute too.

IMG_0030.jpg
:Shedevil::Shedevil::Shedevil::Shedevil::Shedevil::Shedevil::Shedevil::Shedevil:

Beautiful child!!!!!! Mournful Congregation sets themselves apart from others in this genre. And it's because of their ability to compose and integrate such gorgeous melodies. The vocals are awesome, especially on my favorite song-"When the Weeping Dawn beheld it's Mortal Thirst." I "Highly" reccommend this album!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, for those who might be interested, Mark Bodossian, who now plays bass with Esoteric on "The Maniacal Vale" played bass on the Monad with Mournful Congregation.