The Moor

mindphaser

Still Death
Nov 26, 2002
Canberra, Australia
Visit site
First of all it's my first post so hey everyone. I've been following the forum for a while but just never bothered registering so I thought it was about time that I got around to it.

Anyway on to the subject of this post, I don't know if this has been brought up before but is it just my copy of Still Life or is there some poor recording on The Moor? Specifically I'm referring to the section from about 5:00 to 5:55 (especially at 5:27 - 'All the faces turned away...' etc.). I use a set of fairly good headphones most of the time and whenever I'm listening to it the right channel seems to fade in and out quickly at certain points and has the occasional crackling sound. Anyone else had this problem? My cd isn't scratched or anything so I can't understand what the problem is, but it's a bit annoying to listen to especially since it's one of favourite songs on the album. Also, I don't know if this could be the problem but it is the Australian pressing of the cd under Shock records.

huh, actually, i've never noticed. but now that's it mentioned, i probably will now :(

don't care though, still my fave opeth album :)

I came accross it a while ago, only while I was actually looking for it, but it doesn't bother me too much... just another ambient thing as far as I'm concerned, even if it is there by mistake.

Something messed up with the master tapes and they only noticed it when they went to track it all. You can hear it on a couple other songs too. Mike said in some interview that it was all over the place but they managed to get rid of most of it.

Yeah, I noticed it pretty fast when I got the album, because I use really good (and fucking big!) headphones too.

It's pretty much the only complaint I have about this album...

You know, nothing is perfect. IMO Still Life would have been perfect without this problem.

I agree, Still Life remains perfect IMO regardless of this problem. I actually first noticed it quite a while ago now, and yeah I noticed it on the other tracks as well (just thought that The Moor was the most noticeable which is why I mentioned that track). No big deal though, I never let it bug me and it's still the album I listen to most :)