The Moor

JesusChristPose

Logic Dictates
Oct 20, 2001
Pittsburgh, Pa
Still listening to Still Life since I bought a few days ago...The Moor is indeed my favorite track as of now, however Godshead Lament is a close second...

The Moor...

From the always great acoustical beginning to the crunching melodic power riffs....great stuff...then at around the 7:40 mark, the song takes itself into a fucking great "hook" - I found myself finishing the hook before it actually starts...A great piece of music.

Opeth fucking rules, period.

yeah, a fimilliar thread, and someone (sorry, forgot the name, but remember your avatar) a while ago done a complete analysis of it which was long and enjoyable to read, which is some what of a rarity. im sure someone can give a link for it. :D

I just love benighted above all songs.
I cant wait a second for the new "all mellow" album it will be truly amazing.
I know im not very objetive but im a fan of sentimental songs

Originally posted by Misanthrope
I just love benighted above all songs.
I cant wait a second for the new "all mellow" album it will be truly amazing.
I know im not very objetive but im a fan of sentimental songs

well to tell you the truth i doont care as long as its opeth as i know it will be good whatever happens. Mikael is capable of great clean vocals and so he should use them more, if they do a really heavy album after this, then that will be great and settle everyones fears of an all clean vocals Opeth. im looking forward to both cds although i dont want a permanent change. :D , but then its not about me, its what the band want that matters.

JCP! Woohoo! What a brilliant opening, The Moor & Godhead's Lament! (she kicks the desk with glee) Opeth rules period! I am bedazzled! Opeth, ultimate bliss! 'you'd never leave me to, a fate with you'... Imagine White Cluster live! Serenity Painted Death just started! :D

still life is virtually impossible to fault.
my personal faves are the moor, godhead's lament, and moonlapse vertigo, but having said that everything is a highlight.

i just hope i get to see them play live some day soon. white cluster would indeed be a special, sensual experience live ;)

Still life to me is killer to say the least.:heh:
All the tracks are so impressive i cant pick a fav. Serenity Painted Death,Godheads Lament and Moonlapse Vertigo are really intense and amazing but then again so are all of them.
I guess what im sayin is opeth rule.:)

Yes, The Moor would be one of my favourites.

Second only to Face of Melinda.
Goes from melancholical jazz to growling anger! Aces!!!!!!!!11

Originally posted by DracWell
_Tranparent_ heey do you meen me? ;) With all that 12/8 and 6/8 shit ;)

well yes you and thingy Falls too, wow, im still in shock about how long that took you, i would have got too bored to continue that, are you still doing it for the other songs you didnt do? :)

I've always wondered if The Moor has a double meaning. Obviously he means the swampy marsh/bog landscape, but could it also mean that the album takes place in medieval Spain, and he is actually a Moor?

Not that it's important, I just think it's an interesting way to look at it, and it kind of gives the story a real-life historical connection...

Originally posted by Demonic_Figure
I've always wondered if The Moor has a double meaning. Obviously he means the swampy marsh/bog landscape, but could it also mean that the album takes place in medieval Spain, and he is actually a Moor?

Not that it's important, I just think it's an interesting way to look at it, and it kind of gives the story a real-life historical connection...

good point, and it kinda is important. i always pictured a nice Hound Of The Baskaviles (i know i spelt that wrong) moor, all marshy and dark.

I have always thought of 'the moor' as a double meaning...

The moor... as in a wasteland/swamp

Or-

The moor... as in 'Othello', and outcast because of race...

Originally posted by _Transparent_

well yes you and thingy Falls too, wow, im still in shock about how long that took you, i would have got too bored to continue that, are you still doing it for the other songs you didnt do? :)

haha... it's not boring dammit! ;) Frustrating maby, not boring. Hm.. I'm trying to write down some tunes in Guitar Pro... the only one that's complete is White Cluster... But I don't have the bass tabbed nor have I made the drums right... will do that sometime soon I think...