the Morningrise cover is...

SculptedCold

-scented manbeef-
May 9, 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
an English Palladian style bridge crossing the river Nadder in Wilkshire, England. It was built by Roger Morris, the 9th Earl and John Deval in 1737.

I don't know if anyone had figured/mentioned that already, but I thought i'd say just in case they hadn't. =) I came across it while studying English Palladianism this last week.

Damn, that's really cool. I looked around a bit and found another picture of it.

image014.jpg

Kick ass.

I remember reading an interview where they asked Mikael about the cover, and he was just like, "I dunno, it's just some picture we saw in the subway, we thought it was cool so we used it for the album cover.."

heheh

My girlfriend and I were looking at my background, which happens to be the cover...and we were like "we should find out where that is and go there some day."

Well, being Valintines day, I said I'd figure out where it is. lol

So I came on here to make a post asking, and the first thing I saw was your subject...and I was like...holy shit...what are the chances...lol

We love you :)

Originally posted by Iron-Flames
My girlfriend and I were looking at my background, which happens to be the cover...and we were like "we should find out where that is and go there some day."

Well, being Valintines day, I said I'd figure out where it is. lol

So I came on here to make a post asking, and the first thing I saw was your subject...and I was like...holy shit...what are the chances...lol

We love you :)

Heh, that is weird.

Blackadder II, Episode I, where Edmund falls in love with his man-servant Kate (short for Bob), who eventually elopes with Lord Flash-heart.

Oh yeah, I was thinking about this when the last thread on this topic was done. During that part of the episode, Greensleves plays in the background... but it would be so much better if it was one of the acoustic parts from Morningrise instead. :p

It's not the bridge in England. (There has been a thread about this before btw)

A friend of mine went to Sweden and visited the bridge from the Morningrise cover. It may be from the same architect or it may be based on the bridge in England (or vice versa). But It's DEFINITLY NOT the English one on the morningrise-cover.

albumcovers%5CMorningrise.jpg

Cheerz!