The Palladian Bridge (Morningrise Cover)

Finnn

...for my demons
Sep 7, 2002
Visit site
Where is the bridge ?
I think this was not known before, only that they took the image from a postcard.
If this is old news you are free to disregard it ;)

Today while looking for some presents in a bookshop I came across some huge themed books full of photographs. One was about Scandinavia, one about eastern Europe and another one was about the Britain.
I opened a random page in the middle of the Britain book and the first photo I saw was this:

priorbr.jpg

titled : Bridge at Prior Park, Bath, England.

My first thought was like : "I was meant to see that" 1000s of photos in that book and I open this page. :D

Looks like the bridge on the Morningrise cover I thought.

After surfing around a bit I found out that this bridge is called "The Palladian Bridge" and there are actually 3 copies of that "model" regarding to this (http://panther.bsc.edu/~jtatter/pbridge.html) page.

I think the one on the Morningrise cover is the one in Stowe.
pbridge.jpg

Now I know another place to visit on my trip to England :)

good work dude
I think the one on the Morningrise cover is the one in Stowe.

looks very similar...tho the bottom (beneath the road) is different. The one at Prior Park has more distinct features that are the same/very similar to the Morningrise cover

after a good 30mins searchin on the net...i have found the morningrise bridge
its at prior park, this photo at the top of the link shows that this is definitely it....check out the trees behind it and how the canopy finishes towards the left of the bridge....just like on the cover of morningrise. Also the thin water holes at the bottom of the bridge...different to the other 2 palladian bridges. ohhh an other note......look at the bank on each side of the bridge...identical to morningrise

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/traveltrade/propertydetails.cfm?property_id=40#

copy and paste because the link id being shit

Originally posted by OpethianSoul
Pretty cool...I'd love to go there some time. I really love the Morningrise cover (and my LS shirt :D).
*will be buying that shirt before he sees Opeth live* :p