the Morningrise cover is...

Originally posted by Midwinter_melancholY
It's not the bridge in England. (There has been a thread about this before btw)

A friend of mine went to Sweden and visited the bridge from the Morningrise cover. It may be from the same architect or it may be based on the bridge in England (or vice versa). But It's DEFINITLY NOT the English one on the morningrise-cover.

albumcovers%5CMorningrise.jpg

Cheerz!

Was your friend studying architecture? =) I'm 100% certain the photo on the Morningrise cover is of the bridge in Wiltshire, the details are exactly the same; far too much to be an imitation. Palladian architecture is all similar looking in style. Palladio's Classicism is austere with the arrangement of the structure, so it's very easy to be mistaken between different Palladian structures. All you have to go on mainly is the aesthetic details, like the way the lower levels are rusticated if at all, the proportions, the lengths of the loggias etc. In both bridges (Wiltshire and the morningrise cover) the keystone is darkened which is an unusual emphasis in the rustication, the Ionic columns are exactly the same, the pilasters look the same depth, the porticos are the same size, the fenestration between the balustrade and the arches is identical, as well as the amount of balusters, hell, even the foliage around the bridge is the same.

I suppose it doesn't really matter, Palladio is Palladio, whoever is adapting him. Go to one bridge and you probably won't be able to tell the difference in any case.

@morgour: go there, ask a friend to take a pic of you waving on the bridge, edit the picture and make your own personal version of the morningrise cover (with opeth logo and stuff). cool :lol:

it would be fun if you actually do it and post it here

Originally posted by Guardian of Darkness
Turn it 90 degrees to the right. Can you see the evil eyes? I only just noticed.. :eek:

:eek: Holy shiy dude, creepy.

And if you ask me the bridge in the first post doesn't seem to be the same one as the Morningrise cover. The first one has water flowing under it, the Morningrise one doesnt seem to. But...i'm no expert :p

Originally posted by Parasite
:eek: Holy shiy dude, creepy.

And if you ask me the bridge in the first post doesn't seem to be the same one as the Morningrise cover. The first one has water flowing under it, the Morningrise one doesnt seem to. But...i'm no expert :p

Exactly what I wanted to reply. Look beneath the bridge and the thick woods in the background. Woods can be chopped, but in the middle of the bridge (below), you can still find some differences. (So I'm 100% certain as well ;) )

Actually it's of no importance. It's almost identical, it doesn't have to be the Swedish one to get reminded of Morningrise :)

Still, I have seen a photo with a friend at the Swedish palladio.

The MorningRise cover and the colored pic are different because if you look at the Archs on the bottom of each bridge, the morning rise has a half circle type and the colored picture has 2 of the same arch. It may sound confusing but if you just look at the bottom architecture of each bridge you will see it.

It looks like a long creepy skinny face with the eyebrows slanting (evil eyes) inward. I turned the picture one way, and squinted. Didn't see anything. Then turned it the other way, squinted and was like COOOOOL! :lol: