the most amazing hole

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
SHUDDE M'ELL!!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science/08/09/croatia.deep.cavern.ap/index.html

ZAGREB, Croatia (AP) -- Cave explorers discovered a pit inside a mountain range in central Croatia believed to have the world's deepest subterranean vertical drop, at nearly 1,700 feet, a scientific institute reported Monday.
The cave, in Croatia's mountainous Velebit region, has a steady, weaving descent of 203 feet before it takes a direct vertical plunge of 1,693 feet through the ground, said Ana Sutlovic Baksic, a researcher at the Velebit Speleological Society.

The cave's widest stretch is about 100 feet.

"We have even bigger caves in Croatia, but according to available data, this cave has the world's deepest vertical drop," Sutlovic Baksic said.

At the foot of the Velebit cave are small ponds and streams, including one of the largest known colonies of subterranean leeches, Sutlovic Baksic said.

It is located in the Rozanski Hip National Park reserve in the rocky Velebit mountain range in central Croatia. The pit was discovered by a team of explorers from around the country.

The Voronya Cave in Georgia's West Caucasus has the world's deepest cavern, measuring 5,610 feet. But the pit discovered in Croatia is thought to have the largest underground vertical drop.

Croatia, which is rich in natural wonders, is home to two of the world's 20 deepest caves.

The Velebit region is Croatia's largest mountain range, attracting speleologists, botanists and hikers from around the world. Much of the rugged area remains untouched, and scientific expeditions over its vast expanse covered by rare flora and fauna have been ongoing for years.

maybe i'm a perv (okay, i'm a perv), but the first thing that popped into my head is:

i wonder if there is a monolithic penile counterpart (mountain) to this hole?

...and yes, i admit it, okay? i immediately thought of vagina when reading the title. :(
i know i'm not the only one though. can't be.

not the only one...the penile counterpart would have to be Devil's Tower

u36.jpg

I didn't think "vagina" because Alex started the thread. He seems more the green haired "female" named Jeff type.