The most beautiful metal snare samples (CHARLES J WALL)

_wayfarer

Apr 11, 2011
Hey everyone, I recently contacted the producer of King Conquer's last two albums "Decomposing Normality" and "America's Most Haunted" in an attempt to get the massive "shotgun" snare sound he achieved in these two albums. To my surprise, he sent me a great couple snare samples that I have been using ever since and absolutely love. I'll be the first to say I cannot stand Superior Drummer 2.0 unless each individual drum sound is mixed to death. I use Battery 3 with some custom samples including these snare samples. (The only downside is that you have to "humanize" the samples yourself)

Anyway, any and all credit goes to CHARLES J WALL of SONIC ASSAULT STUDIOS based out of FLORIDA. He's a great dude, and he's helped me a lot on my recording endeavors. For all you dudes looking for a great snare, you've finally found it.

Here's the link to the snare samples: http://www.mediafire.com/?g2nqz92gggsk5wq

Here's a sample of the snare in a song I wrote and recorded yesterday:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing, what a good recording!.Kick drums and guitars sound like heaven too.

Fuuuuu- this is the Decomposing snare!!! =D
I'm pretty sure he already post the America's Haunting kick/snare which also sound sick here: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/593209-charles-j-custom-kik-snr-samples.html

He's currently doing my band's EP and I couldn't be more stoked. CJ's the man!

kaomao, I've been back for a long while now, man! I fucked up a bit in the past but I've tried to make ammends!

And Marcus, nah man not the Decomposing SNR! That's a good name for it, though =D

the America Kick/SNR are just processed samples from Chris' actual kit. this sit is more of a blending of different samples I've taken over the months!

kaomao, I've been back for a long while now, man! I fucked up a bit in the past but I've tried to make ammends!

And Marcus, nah man not the Decomposing SNR! That's a good name for it, though =D

the America Kick/SNR are just processed samples from Chris' actual kit. this sit is more of a blending of different samples I've taken over the months!
Woops! Now that I listen back it's definitely not, I just kind of assumed it was... sounds slightly similar though!
/tardmoment

Either way it sounds great. =D

Thanks for sharing, it sounds really nice for this kinda music, maybe it comes to use sometimes. Nice track you have there too.

Oh charles no problem with what you have done in the past, I tell you the truth :
it always sound strange to me you doing something wrong, it really sounded strange to me.
Glad you're back !!!! unfortunately I don't read the forum so often ;)
I always loved your sound man, it's always been so thick and huge ;)
big fan over here!

Oh charles no problem with what you have done in the past, I tell you the truth :
it always sound strange to me you doing something wrong, it really sounded strange to me.
Glad you're back !!!! unfortunately I don't read the forum so often ;)
I always loved your sound man, it's always been so thick and huge ;)
big fan over here!

thanks man!!!! i'll be the first to admit I made some very wrong decisions in the past but that's where it stops and like I said, just around to learn and share!!! =D