The most beautiful metal snare samples (CHARLES J WALL)

I can´t make a snare to sound like that, period. I´ve recorded over 20 snares last year, I use nice conversion, nice hardware, nice software, nices mikes, nice snare, nice drumhead....NO WAY
I´m a fucking looser, could you explain a bit how is the process to achieve a snare sound like that????

I can´t make a snare to sound like that, period. I´ve recorded over 20 snares last year, I use nice conversion, nice hardware, nice software, nices mikes, nice snare, nice drumhead....NO WAY
I´m a fucking looser, could you explain a bit how is the process to achieve a snare sound like that????

this particular snare sounds like one of my infamous 'stacked' snares.... usually real mic'd snr 65% or so, then a real dynamic multisample snare to mimic it EXACTLY, then a few one shot snares tuned up/down, phase all flipped around for most beef, etc.....@!

I'd be interested in knowing about those snares you blend in, if you process them separately or if they are already processed when you get em in Trigger/aptrigga/whatever ?

your mixes are so good there should be a "CJ's unusual approach to mixing + mixing tips" thread haha

your mixes are so good there should be a "CJ's unusual approach to mixing + mixing tips" thread haha

"unusual" couldn't be more of an understatement, more like...taking every single "text book" right way of doing things according to gearslutz, and doing completely the opposite in every manner possible, and it being awesome.

p.s. stoked on the additional signature props, hahahah

I'd be interested in knowing about those snares you blend in, if you process them separately or if they are already processed when you get em in Trigger/aptrigga/whatever ?

ahahahahah, i'll work on that!!! =D my methods are a bit unorthodox but FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU IT!

EDIT: i'll touch on this technique a bit more later! tracking vox! =D

Just found this. The first sample is GREAT. thanks for sharing!

Ohhh God...that snare sound's like Angel :saint:
The music is very perfect too...especially sound of guitar...

Anyway, a big thanks for your share..
:worship:

I used it in a mix I just finished and it fitted perfectly! I didn't layer it, just some EQ. Thanks again!