The mp3.com page and other MP3-related wackiness

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
What happened to the DT mp3.com-page? It used to have one song from each release as well as the demo and 7" in their entirities, but is now reduced to 3 songs from the demo and 7"! And I who wanted the demo version of "Punish My Heaven"!

Also, does anyone have "Soulbreed" and "A Dying Fragment Of An Elderly Dream" as MP3's?

I think i have all of the above but you won't like my slow connection.

Ok, from tomorrow i'm available to send you, now i must go. Tell me where i can find you.

Welcome back, dude. :)

@D_J: Not sure if he's back for good. He says he likes the magazine forums better...? :p

I don't return nor go away. When I have something to say (or am bored enough), I say what is relevant where it is relevant. Don't get your hopes up.

Siren, I have no idea where you could find me. You could probably upload them via FTP to me, I guess. I'll PM you later or something.

@phyre: i can also send you all the songs you requested, and i probably have a better connection, although siren sure is better company online. ;)
starting from monday, just pm me anytime you're ready if you still need 'em.

rahvin.

@rahvin: He's mine! :mad: :p
And what were you doing up this late? :eek:

@phyre: I have no idea about ftps, any irc server would work good for me tho, and so would icq.

Siren (freak)

erm, since January 31, 2003, the number of songs on mp3.com is limited to 3, unless you're a paying member.
if the administrator hasn't selected which songs should remain, the mp3.com-system selects the latest 3 uploads and these remain visible and downloadable.
the other songs can be deleted by the administrator himself (of the artist). or he can choose later which songs he wants on the mp3.com-site.

there have been some other changes as well, but these affect only the artists.

Originally posted by opacity
erm, since January 31, 2003, the number of songs on mp3.com is limited to 3, unless you're a paying member.
if the administrator hasn't selected which songs should remain, the mp3.com-system selects the latest 3 uploads and these remain visible and downloadable.
the other songs can be deleted by the administrator himself (of the artist). or he can choose later which songs he wants on the mp3.com-site.

there have been some other changes as well, but these affect only the artists.
That fucking sucks. I just noticed the same thing has happened to Thyrfing, and I guess all other bands which had more than 3 songs. Blah.

yes, but if a band is clever enough, they register one or two other accounts (similar band name, to remain recognizable) and there you go :heh: ;)