The new Akercocke . . .

Nate The Great said:
No question that JK will like this. No question that this is probably the best album of the year.

Finally listened to this last night. I can't pass judgement yet because one listen is obviously not enough. So far though, it is warped. Like Russell said, some of it is Nile-centric (at least the guttural growls) and then Lurch is onto something with all the pop stuff.

This falls into the same category as Meads of Asphodel or even Sigh, just because there is SO much going on.

The clean vocals are very *British*, LOL. Where from England are these guys from? Anyone know?

Weird, but strangely addictive. I need to hear this fucker again. :heh:

Dick Sirloin said:
It's good, but "Chronozon" it ain't!

440-funny-vanity-license-plate.jpg

The track ... THE PENANCE ... has this series of heavy riffs towards the end that are a total ripoff of a DEATH track ... TOGETHER AS ONE

whatever this disc is still sooo huge !!!

listening to this on headphones is magical ... EYES OF THE DAWN ... heads down and thrash ... damn.

I love the little Suffocation like guitar accents peppered through this track.

I've determined that this is really good. "Chronozon" it ain't, but I think it's probably top 5 for the year.

Where the FUCK can I order this???

choronzon wa the best from the i heard, but they were never buy or die. just ok. certainly different.