The New Album Thread

Yeah, I'm pretty frustrated about it all at the moment.

The good news is, I have a good chunk of album #3 written. My goal all along has been to release albums 2 and 3 within a year of each other. Now obviously this all depends on things like touring, labels and other factors, so no promises, but I'm doing my best to prevent the same kind of gap between albums 2 and 3 that there has been between albums 1 and 2.

Thanks for your patience and for hanging in there with me.

If you don't mind my asking, what are your plans regarding touring? Are you hoping to go all out and tour the US? Or just do some shows on one side of the US? If you did go across the US do you think you'd tour with any other similar bands, or how would that work? Or is it too soon to ask that? I got 3+ guys hooked on your music (and Rob Rock, but that's fairly unrelated) and I know we'd all come out to see you if you came through El Paso or San Diego.

As usual, I'm totally pumped about the new album and absolutely can't wait until it comes out, I really hope you get on a good label and get better distributed and promoted this time around. I am keeping you and your ministry in my prayers, and I really want to see your band get huge.

At the very least you are keeping us updated.

Family comes first, (theocracy family after the real one).

It's especially good to hear we can expect album 3 within a year of album 2. I have faith that good things are to come, and so should everyone else :headbang:

So I'm right this moment listening to The Writing In The Sand from my ProgPower sampler of last year. I am wondering: is this the finished version of the song that we can expect to hear on the next album? Or was this an early version for the sampler that underwent revisions as you've completed all the rest of the songs?

For those of you that haven't heard this song, let me just say: it is possibly better than anything on the first album. AND I LOVE THE FIRST ALBUM! If this song is indicative of the whole album, prepare to be blown away!

It's an early version. Most of the differences will just be production things though, i.e. the drums, guitars and overall mix will sound better on the final version (the sampler version was before Shawn got his new kit and we tracked all the drums for all the songs at once, etc.).
As for the next part of your post, I would say...if you put a gun to my head and FORCED me to pick my least-favorite song from the new album, that would probably be it. I love love love it, don't get me wrong...I'm just saying I think the other songs are even stronger.
Can't wait for you all to hear it!

Dude! Matt how gifted are you? And the rest of theocracy, you're all awesome. No matter what anyone says I'm your biggest fan (mwaha) and I can't wait for your album! One of the things I just love with you guys are that you're keeping focused on what's truly important; Glorifying God! Soli Deo gloria!

I've listened to everything you've linked in the forums now I think and I just can't find words man!! Keep up the good work, and do it for Christ! :D Kudos to Theocracy!

Oh, and.... release the new album already!!! :D

I had the unique privilege of being allowed to hear an entire track from the new Theocracy....(as promised, I shared with NO ONE....not even wifey)
I can assure all of you that the production far exceeds the debut and will be worth every agonizing moment waiting.

Eyesore said:
Anyone willing to share this early version?

That's not my decision to make (copyright-wise). That's up to Matt. My guess is that he's concerned with putting everything into getting the album finished and might not want to be letting out more pieces of it, but that's for him to say.

Theocracy should be taking the stage at the ProgPower PreParty within hours! DOOOOOOOH! I wish I was there so badly :(

Spyderman-Hyderman said:
I had the unique privilege of being allowed to hear an entire track from the new Theocracy....(as promised, I shared with NO ONE....not even wifey)
I can assure all of you that the production far exceeds the debut and will be worth every agonizing moment waiting.

:OMG: Eeeeeeeeeep!!!!! I'm taking your word for it, Spydey! <heart's all a-flutter!> The best things are worth waiting for!

I hope you get a good deal with whatever you choose like you deserve Matt. Can't wait to hear this one and even the third one you've been working on too.

God bless!