The New Black

The Bringer

Dec 8, 2003
British Columbia, Canada
Now that its leaked, what does everyone think?

I think it is much different than Alien. MUCH different. The drumming is incredible (as always, thank you Gene), the solos are shredding and the lyrics are great. There are just a few tones I don't like... "Fucker" is sort of a weak track that doesn't seem to flow too well with the rest of the album.

Hope is great. I love the insanity at the end. It starts off as a stadium show with Devy playing a riff and the crowd goes wild. Devy says "we keep it metal by keeping it real" and the song starts off as some kind of nu-metal type shite and eventually gets fucking insane. Brilliant! :kickass:

I'm not downloading! :) I'll have to wait till the release date... I'm curious though, because I thought that Alien was a huge improvement over the self-titled.
still trying to really get into Synchestra though...it's so different to AE. the second half is really epic

Pretty good, it seemed more conventional to allow greater accessibility but the songwriting was still solid. They also seemed to have forced a lot of influence from classic metal bands like Judas Priest in there as well as a bit of White Zombie.

I like it. It's very much in the Synchestra mindset. Hope seems to be a Pixillate reference, and Polyphony is a Judgement reference. Almost Again just has that Synchestra feel, and The New Black is epic. I love how the album peaks on the last 3 songs instead of right in the beginning like the last few albums. Also, Wrong Side is, of course, great! Especially the sweeping riff. I love the big band in Antiproduct as well. Overall, it doesn't touch Alien, but it destroys the s/t and makes a nice companion to Synchestra. :)

Im dying to heae that shitt but right now Im traveling and cant download stuff

So I have to wait for the album; Its like two weeks anyway...not so bad

but aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

bought 5 really good tracks on there..wrong side, far beyond metal, almost again, polyphony and the new black

Besides the last three tracks Hope is easily the next best. It is a real rollercoster ride of a song!

It starts off nice and easy and slowly you climb that hill and the anticipation gets bigger and bigger as the edge comes closer. Your heart beats fast and fast and everything gets a little crazy. Then you fall over the edge and unleashed to all chaos ;)