The new BLOODBATH is AMAZING

Originally posted by Ectoplasma
slow down guys...i know it's a matter of taste...and Paul, yes, when i first listened to bloodbath i fell like i was having my first experience with death metal, which was great...

what i said is that people are overstating a band that hasn't nothing new, it's just death metal and that's all...and i know many people that said that the album is a masterpiece just because it has mikael, dan swanö and katatonia dudes in the credits, which is a shit.

i know that maybe i used the wrong word...sorry...

I do have to agree with you here. If this CD was put out by ANY other band, or some death metal band that no one heard of, it would be destroyed by the critics for not being original, but because of who is in the band, there's an automatic respect. For me, music is music. I don't care who wrote it, or who's in the band. I love the CD, regardless. But again, I agree totally with you.

I just think its a great album. *shrug* I'm really picky these days about what I listen to, especially metal. I think I bought less than ten metal cds all year long, because while theres plenty of decent stuff out there, it just seems that nothing really catches my interest so much anymore. The nice thing about the Bloodbath cd is that it brought a grin to my face and made me remember why I loved old death metal in the first place. While I am glad that the scene isnt totally oversaturated with this style of band anymore, I am glad to see something like this pop up now and then....
Another cd that brought back good old school vibes was the KINGS EVIL cd. Cool old style thrash stuff from Japan. Nothing groundbreaking here either, but still a cool listen.

Death metal is pretty much the one metal genre I don't like. Never really did. I like just about everything else though. Right now I'm on the doom metal kick. Last year was power and prog metal.

I hear ya Frostgiant. Right now, it's brutal death metal (The Chasm, Immolation), hardcore/noisecore (Isis, Today is the Day), and futuristic black metal (ABorym, Diabolicum) for me.

Tomorrow may be power metal (but I doubt it...yuck)

I have some!Black sun and Hero nation! As well as Rage, S-X, and Rhapsody. But...I have been trying to find this album, record and tape traders did not even have it...I was somewhat unhappy about that. They might have to order it from a nearby store or somethang.