The new Candlemass is kicking my ass...

dill_the_devil

OneMetal.com Music Editor
I swear to goat, this album is fantastic - powerful, riff-laden doom-fucking-metal from the masters. Messiah's vocals are stunning, the riffs crush and the whole record sounds fantastic. There's even a riff that's pretty much a direct reference to 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath' in the album, and the instrumental interlude 'The Man Who Fell From The Sky' has got an awesomely hypnotic groove.

Stunning stuff.

Let me ask something, is this really doom? To me this is not 'doom' per se, this is plain ol' epic true heavy metal. And of course most 'epic true heavy metal' bands get labelled 'power metal' for some reason and therefore dismissed before they've even left the starting line....

Put it this way, if the new Candlemass is doom, then so is Manilla Road. Alternatively, "Heaven and Hell" is not really a doom record, or is it?

[/side discussion]

I agree with you, but I've only heard bits and pieces so far. :)

One of the first two. But if I had never heard the older albums until now or had nostalgic connections to them, the new album could have been a contender.

JayKeeley said:
Which is the best Candlemass album do you guys think?
d89711j890k.jpg

only one i've ever heard

How does Epicus Doomicus Biggus Dickuss compare to Nightfall? I've asked this question before but forgot what answer I was given. :dopey:

it's funny, because nobody knows what happened to the guy on Epicus. i heard a little while ago that he formed a pop group or something, which is humorous. but yeah... Seven Silver Keys is owning me currently