The new chat thread - now with bitter arguing

EEEEEEEWWWW...GOT A NEW ALBUM COMING OUT NEXT MONTH...GOODNIGHT CHICAGOOOO. BR00TAL. :lol:

I think he's afraid that if he speaks normally he will lose it and not be able to get it BR00TAL again. Or that he will sound like a pansy.
I remember being amused when the Samael singer talked a bit like this between the songs, it seemed like his vocal chords were permanently damaged (or he didn't want to switch).

If that doesn't work, then imo it's time to go to the authorities. That's the point when it becomes legit stalking.
Thankfully it doesn't seem to be that bad, and it looks like my plan is working. :) Also, keeping some personal information private always helps.

I remember being amused when the Samael singer talked a bit like this between the songs, it seemed like his vocal chords were permanently damaged (or he didn't want to switch).

His accent is enough to make you want to set fire to your ears.

On an unrelated note, new Septic Flesh and Tiamat records coming out very soon. I used to be excited for new releases of bands I liked, but nowadays I mostly cross my fingers praying they don't suck.

@rahvin: i haven't formed a complete opinion on the new Tiamat yet, but my first impression is good.

As for the new Tiamat, I was really disappointed witht he last album, so I just hope Siren's right on this new one.

I liked the last two albums, but I'm used to enjoying one of their records, then not liking that much the following efforts, then liking some later works again so I doubt I'll be too shocked one way or the other. In my opinion they do well the slow, atmospheric parts and a couple of faster tracks, while they fail miserably at anything too goth-metal oriented (aka "Skeleton Skeletron", which I find their lamest release so far).

@QRV: I loved the last one, so i don't know if my opinion is of any worth to you.

To be honest, my very first impression while skimming through the songs was "Tiamat exactly as we knew them, how innovative, they just repeat themselves" (which isn't necessarily bad, since i like them). But taking the time to listen to a few songs in more detail made me like them. I think Edlund this time had a bit more variation in his voice. I also recall a fast kickass track, and a very nice instrumental.

edit: The Septic Flesh track has some very interesting points. But i'm afraid that it's not my cup of tea..

edit2: after listening to the whole album in one spin, i'm completely in love with the new Tiamat. can't wait to get a real copy in my hands.

Hey all, just letting you guys know I'll be on sparsely for the next week plus a day or two. I'm going home for spring break, but its too short for me to hassle with bringing my desktop home so I'm leaving it at Uni. So I have no idea when I'll be on, for those who care. :p Happy Easter Holidays for those who practice it, otherwise I'll see you all around. :p

@DoC: have a good time, dude.

@rahv, Siren: I gave the new Tiamat a couple of spins today and it sounded really nice. In first instance, I didn't think it was anything outstanding, but I liked it. Must give it some more listens, though. Might be you like it, rahvin, since it's not too goth-oriented nor as self-indulgent as other stuff Edlund's done. I actually think it's a pretty mature record (first impression, anyway).

I don't think that's how it works.

sleepyemoticon.gif

Hi Lina.

@Dred: congrats to her, man, hope all goes well. :)
Hopefully it will. It's kind of a messed up situation atm, but I'm sure things will work out with time. She's got a good core of friends and family to help her out as well.

This is a mandatory purchase:

a870.gif

:D