The new chat thread - now with bitter arguing

It has become a rather common pastime on the internet to mock the actions of talentless people who take themselves seriously. In this grand and publicly-accessible stage, it is as though we've finally found a purpose for the Dunning-Kruger Effect: the entertainment of others. However, somewhere in that morass of content is a gem waiting to be found.

There are quite a lot of artists who, lacking talent, changed the world through inspiration alone. Oprah has made a career out of publicizing the creative energy of the retarded and dying. The Ramones invented punk because they couldn't really play their instruments but wouldn't let that stop them. Sometimes, the degree of passion behind something awful makes it beautiful.

You may very well have seen what I am about to show you, as it's 2-1/2 months old and has already gone viral. It is either one of the most compellingly retarded things ever created, or one of the most beautiful. Or the entire world has been trolled, hardcore. I like to imagine that a young band of poor South Africans could change the world with the music in their hearts.

A few notes, before we begin:
1. The hook to that song was ripped off of a J-pop song from DDR.
2. DEAR GOD WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT???!!! That guy has progeria. It's actually kind of beautiful.
3. I'm not sure what's up with that girl's hair either.
4. Yes, it gets better the more you watch it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been a Jedi street preacher of this guy for a while. The dude with progeria is an internet sensation of his own, a HILARIOUS one at that. This video is so, so deeply funny. Especially if you're into MC Progeria's Insane Clown Posse rants on youtube.

I'm not entirely certain that it's funny. It's just so bizarre. The seriousness with which he appears to take himself reminds me of Eminem, but less talented. The combination of retardation and ambition makes it awesome.

And then it takes me a couple of months to post again...

Belated congrats on your new job Salmy!

I'm only getting round to getting We Are the Void... read some reviews, made me feel old all these people talking about Character and Fiction as their greats and not one mention of the Gallery...

And then it takes me a couple of months to post again...

Belated congrats on your new job Salmy!

I'm only getting round to getting We Are the Void... read some reviews, made me feel old all these people talking about Character and Fiction as their greats and not one mention of the Gallery...

Gallery = their finest hour. Not that they haven't had many fine hours, but that's my favorite DT album by far.

R.I.P. :cry:

saramago_jose.jpg

16 November 1922 - 8 June 2010 (aged 87)

Portugal's best, it's a terrible loss, I'm quite sad.

And back in Sweden, feels good!

NP: Anthrax - Mad House (from The Big 4, Sofia)

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole Big Four was pretty damn awesome even tho I've never cared for Slayer.
Anthrax was kicking ass and was nice to see Joey back with them, never cared for Bush that much (except in AS :p ).
Megadeth wasn't as good as I hoped, Mustaine's singing was a bit off for most of it.
Slayer, don't care, barely listened.
Metallica, well, they are Metallica.

I saw the Big Four last week. I didn't care for Anthrax, and Megadeth was so-so. Slayer kicked ass but they should have switched with Megadeth and play later when it started getting darker.
Metallica was simply amazing, they probably put out the best show i've ever seen. Loved the big screen and the direction, it showed everything interesting that was happening on stage. The atmosphere was amazing: darkness, big screen, rain, perfect sound and beloved songs. I'm glad i didn't miss it.

^ I've that exact same opinion, Metallica came here and they were simply incredible. Megadeth? Oh what a waste of my money! I saw Anthrax (with Bush, who needs Joey? The guy can barely sing.) when they came here too, and were awesome. I haven't seen Slayer, but hope to do so. Someday. Anyhow, that Big Four gigs look incredibly, lucky you!