The New Helloween Video

woosta

Sep 7, 2002
Visit site
http://www.spv.de/ra/helloween_mrsgod.ram

Ya know, the things that I like about this are the drum work and the guitar solo. It is certainly a different type of instrumentation for Helloween and I'm sure many of the "TRUE METAL" and "POWER METAL" types are going to go into fits of rage, but after I got over the initial shock of the guitar intro, I really like this song. And of course, Andi Deris is god.

I really think this IS "helloween form". Since Deris has been in back in '92, he has been responsible for the more melodic Helloween songs and this certainly is one of them. This has been Helloween for 13 years now. And it's MUCH better than some of that stuff that Weikath wrote on "Rabbit Don't Come Easy"! YIKES!

Has anyone seen the tracklist? Why do they always abbreviate words with numbers.

for = 4
one = 1

Makes the song titles lame.

Also, I didn't really like the song at all. Not heavy - which I could live with, but it wasn't catchy either.

Not bad! Sounds like a more upbeat Hey Lord! or a poppy I Can.

Helloween has always been out there, until RAbbit Don't Come Easy, Helloween hasnt put out a "Helloween sounding" album since the eighties. Back in the late nineties when Power Metal was booming and Hammerfall and Sonata covered I Want Out (and Gamma Ray began slipping it back in the setlist), I always found it amusing that everyone was sounding like Helloween but Helloween. I'd take I Can, Steel Tormentor, In the Middle of a HEartbeat, or Still We Go over Eagle FLy Free rip off # 5824

woosta said:
I really think this IS "helloween form". Since Deris has been in back in '92, he has been responsible for the more melodic Helloween songs and this certainly is one of them. This has been Helloween for 13 years now. And it's MUCH better than some of that stuff that Weikath wrote on "Rabbit Don't Come Easy"! YIKES!

I liked Rabbit. But aside from that, this isn't just melodic it's plain goofy. I'd put it up there with Cherry Pie and Unskinny Bop in the dumbest lyrics catagory.

If the link is broken for anyone else, try this one: http://www.spv.de/eng/helloween/default.html

You LIKED "Rabbit" and you're criticizing THESE lyrics? Can I remind you of the classic "There's something growing in my pants..." line from "Rabbit"? Dumbest lyrics, indeed.

I liked Rabbit as well, that was the album that got me into the Deris ever. I love the somethings growing in my pants...it's helloween their lyrics are not meant to be taken seriously. That is like saying, Lavatory Love Machine sucks because the lyrics are cheesy, I just think that song sucks because it fucking annoys me.

Haven't you noticed that the most "generic" and "boring" songs in the newest helloween albums are written by Weikath?

I like Andy's songs but Mrs. God is too fruity for me.

if you knew me that last sentence can be very funny..

woosta said:
You LIKED "Rabbit" and you're criticizing THESE lyrics? Can I remind you of the classic "There's something growing in my pants..." line from "Rabbit"? Dumbest lyrics, indeed.

"There's something growing in my pants," may not be the most brilliant line of lyrics written, it does however fit in with the song it's in. Plus it's only one line and for the most part would go unnoticed. Helloween isn't known for their really deep lyrics afterall. Heavy Metal Hamsters anyone?

How you can compare a single line in an otherwise pretty decent song to the teeny bopper lyrics and silly bubblegum chorus, combined with the goofy delivery of Mrs. God is beyond me.

I love Helloween, but I don't own Pink Bubbles Go Ape. If Keeper Of The Seven Keys- The Legacy doesn't get any better than Mrs. God I'll skip it too.

Daybreaker said:
I always found it amusing that everyone was sounding like Helloween but Helloween.

Thats because Helloween are the originals, they can do whatever they want with their sound. They're just trying to stay fresh, like any good artist should. Whether or not I (or anyone else) likes the stuff is kind of besides the point, they're trying to evolve their sound, which I give much more credit to than the multitudes of bands that try to model themselves after Keeper of the Seven Keys part 2.

Yep.. can't argue with the "they are doing what they want" logic. But can you explain to me why "what they want to do" is circle the bowl in a clockwise fashion? And the absolute travesty of trying to capitalize on the Keepers discs legacy is positively shameful. It'd be like Metallica putting out St. Anus as "Master Of Puppets 2: The Reckoning".

Later,
Jeffro

That's what I've been saying since PL came out. :)

When I want to hear QR nowadays, I throw on a Veni Domine or Power Of Omens cd. Even going back and listening to classic QR doesn't make me feel better... it just depresses me even more that they've gone down to hang with the carp at the bottom of the lake.

Jeffro