The new Kovenant

Jan 14, 2003
Pennsylvania, USA
Visit site
For some reason I bought this today, against my better judgement, and first off, what is this shit? Erasure is less gay than this music. Also, there are 2 bonus tracks listed on the case but they're not on the disc. What gives? I really wanted to get a good chuckle out of Fagash and the gang doing a really bad 'lica song.

well, actually I find this CD quite, hm, "interesting". somehow you cannot compare it to anything done before. on the other hand I have to admit that there are also some "fillers" on this CD. Less would have been more somehow. it's not far less commercial than I expected and the pop-sounds are quite cool... definitely worth checking out.

I like Nexar Polarus, Animatromic and S.E.T.I all very much! In contrast with almost every single black metal addict I don't think their newer "wave" style sucks. It's Rammstein on electronica pills. Good stuff.

Yep! Expect anything metal or heavy industrial, and just forget about even trying to listen to SETI. I'd never even heard of them before but I bought it cuz of the awesome artwork....and I hated myself for it! But 3 listens later, I was very much enjoying what it had to offer. If you don't enjoy a bit of gothy electronica, then stay far away. As for myself, I love the grooves and alienesque melodies on this. I could easily imagine myself dancing enigmatically away in a dark, smoky, goth-filled alternative club. Great stuff.

For my opinion on the matter and a thorough explanation of their sound, check out the link in my signature and look for the review I wrote of SETI.

If you are too lazy, I gave it an 8 / 10. Not as good as Animatronic, better than Nexus Polaris and In Times Before the Light.

I was very disappointed in SETI, previous album "animatronic" is far superior......sounds like two completely different bands. SETI sounds like Depeche Modes pop work, very weak and mainstream, no edge at all......in a word very BOORING.

The Kovenant will never be able to deal with their Covenant stuff... Not that I compare them musically, but the feeling are a lot better on Covenants sound... Besides, though I somehow find The Kovenant interesting, I cannot stand Nagash and Hellhammer dress out like that!!!

the_dying said:
I like Nexar Polarus, Animatromic and S.E.T.I all very much! In contrast with almost every single black metal addict I don't think their newer "wave" style sucks. It's Rammstein on electronica pills. Good stuff.

Its actually Nexus Polaris but anyways........I like Nexus and Animatronic but the last one really suck

Necros said:
I was very disappointed in SETI, previous album "animatronic" is far superior......sounds like two completely different bands. SETI sounds like Depeche Modes pop work, very weak and mainstream, no edge at all......in a word very BOORING.

Typical Ohio attitude.

If you think SETI sounds like Depeche Mode you are deaf.

If you think Depeche Mode are boring, you are retarded and you have no taste.

I still can't stand this album. I'd sell it if I could get more than a nickle for it. Nexus Polaris is far better. Animatronic was at least catchy. In times before the light (the original version) is ok for being so generic. SETI is just shit. Also, the other Covenant is much better than this garbage.

I'm not saying I really give a shit about The Covenant, their vocalist annoys me (though less annoying than Fagash's gay voices, why that man insists on doing vocals I'll never know), but their music is a lot more interesting than Kovenant's new misdirection.