the new Lamb of God album...

colonel kurtz

Sep 7, 2006
anyone else looking forward to this?

according to mark morton, they're coming along pretty well with the guitar tracking and getting some sick tones using the following:

SD 59's-->mark IV-->orange 4x12-->57/421-->API

They just finished all the tracking for the album 2 weeks ago i'm pretty sure. They had a live link streaming video to the control room and had a camera in the live room too. You could hear Chris alder lay down all the drum tracks and imo this album will most likely have a WAYY better mix than the others. Josh Wilbur is a wayyy better engineer/producer than machine.

i know they finished the drum tracking a couple weeks ago, but methinks they just got done with the guitars...i could be wrong though

Well, not always. Duncan has a 59 bridge and Trembucker version, which is the bridge pickup with Floyd spacing. The bridge model has differend DC resistence than the neck: 7.43 k for the neck, 8.13 k for the bridge and they have different resonant peaks. (check here http://www.seymourduncan.com/comparetones )

But yeah, I did buy a Trembucker 59 for my neck and it works great with the JB in the bridge, so there you go. :lol:

Well, not always. Duncan has a 59 bridge and Trembucker version, which is the bridge pickup with Floyd spacing. The bridge model has differend DC resistence than the neck: 7.43 k for the neck, 8.13 k for the bridge and they have different resonant peaks. (check here http://www.seymourduncan.com/comparetones )

But yeah, I did buy a Trembucker 59 for my neck and it works great with the JB in the bridge, so there you go. :lol:

Il be damned.
Last time I visited their website they only had 59' for necks.
And I have never seen the bridgeversion in gutiarstores or in the usedmarket. :err:

I believe Mark uses the 59 in the bridge of his custom Jacksons. I know at one point he did, and I think they come loaded with those stock.

He also went through a phase where he was playing EMG's, but that didn't last long.

Hmm, 59's in the bridge? Intriguing...

he's always been using that. and as far as i know both of them had it in the bridge for the last 2 albums. that is a big part of the sound they get on the last few cds. vintage pups + vintage amp = unique metal tone.

if you see the recording dvd they also use les pauls with stock pickups on some songs.

Looking forward to this. I'm glad of they're not working with Machine this time. Sacrament was way too hot, and vocals were overproduced as fuck. Loved the songs though.

a lower output pickup can sound very good with a high gain amp. i have a guitar w/ EMG81's and also a Les Paul w/ Burstbuckers. playing through my Krank, i can actually get more gain from the Les Paul before things start to mud out. the Les Paul is also chambered like Mark's guitar. maybe that is a key factor as well.