Lamb Of God

aramism

Dec 2, 2006
New York, NY
www.myspace.com
this is more of an appreciation thread but my first initial guess is not too many people on this board will be too fond of them but IMO they are a sick band. they are probably my fav metal metal band around now and i think just a great overall band.

relating to this forum i think that machine (while he hasn't really produced much metal) has done an unbelievable job on the last 2 albums (ashes of the wake, sacrament) he is def my 2nd fav producer next to andy. his mixing abilities and the way he blends all the sounds and gives a "warm" character to all the tracks is unparalleled in my opinion. andy does a great job at creating crushing and heavy and crisp soundscapes but i think machine has a great way to really making the drums have a dominance without overwhelming the mix. also credit the fact that lamb of god use vintage pickups with mark iv amps to get that like clean distortion sound.

if you really take time out to listen to the new album sacrament on headphones i'm sure any experienced engineer or tone afficionado or just anyone with a good ear will appreciate the sick job machine did to make the band sound alive.

I'm not a big fan of Machine to be honest. Personally, Devin's work on Palaces was far better - although more raw and less "defined". There's a LoG release called "Pure American Metal" just a small EP. But it's got an early version of Laid to Rest that has such an awesome guitar tone compared to the more creamy album version that appeared on Ashes of the Wake. I just think the raw sound really worked best for them

I have a version of Palaces that some guy remastered to get rid of the annoying mids on there. It sounds a lot better, I'll post it later. I'm also not a fan of machine, the rhythm tones on Sacrament kept me from ever really giving the music a chance unfortunately.

I used to go on their forum until about a year ago. It got overrun by alot of really negative people and I just got tired of the stupid e-fights.

I got Sacrament and it bored me to tears, and didn't enjoy the production or guitar sounds. Are the older records better?

Musically, I think As the Palaces Burn was their best. In terms of an album with original songs that greatly differed from eachother, I'd go with Ashes. Sacrament isn't as bad as people say, its just no where as good as the previous two.

New American Gospel (their first), is an acquired taste due to the lack of difference in the vocals. Good record though.

I've been tracking drums for my own project the "Machine" way. I track kick and snare, then toms, then oh's. it's sounds awesome. the cymbals are fuller because you don't even have to HP 'em. No cymbal bleed on the toms either. mixing is so much nicer in the end.

Sacrament sucks, imo. People expected too much from it. And there's something missing in this album. There's nothing special abou it.
Ashes Of The Wake is great. Chris adler is an amazing drummer. He's not the best, but he's definitely good. He feels his music and he has a feeling about what he should play to make his stuff sound interesting. His work with cymbals is also great.

I like the Sacrament album. Its not amazing, but, its good enough.

And, I personally think tracking OH's separately is lame... capture the fucking performance... then made the necessary edits... its too cheap. Like Shadow's Falls' first drummer's inability to double bass... that shit was stuck in after with him just hitting it with sticks or some shit. I forget the story, but, I heard it from one of them back when.

J

Well, I'd listen to any CD Chris Adler plays on cause I love his drumming, but I actually really love all LOG CDs for different reasons, I wouldn't pick a favorite.

As far as Machine's production, I really like how unique it is, and even if it's not my favorite sound ever, I love listening to it because I never hear it anywhere else. I think he did a great job on both CDs.

I think Sacrament is their best yet. To be honest, all their other stuff all sounds the same except the singles. When I first heard "Walk With Me In Hell" I was blown away. How could something so simple sound so epic? FUCKING LOVE IT!