The New Rocky movie

i saw it and i liked it. it was cool to see with my dad as he took me to see the first one when i was a wee lad.

i'll only go see "black xmas" if venom's song black xmas is used as the theme song :headbang:

I enjoyed the movie personally, although there were some parts that got me teary-eyed. Definitely a great way to end the series.

I saw it the other day and I was impressed. It was a great movie. Kind of had the feeling of the first one. And, I felt bad for Rocky. His wife is dead. His kid wants nothing to do with him. And Paulie refuses to acknowledge the past.

I always thought Paulie was an idiot. The first one was on TV last night and I still can't fathom why Rocky was friends with that jack-off in the first place. But he was Adrian's brother, so I guess he was part of the package.

Paulie is the best. He is the comic relief via ignorance. Was it Rocky III where Apollo Creed was training him in the ghetto? Paulie's comments when they first go into that gym are great. "You can't train Rock like a colored." Some shit like that. he went on and on. Funny shit.

yeah, he is a funny idiot. I like in Rocky 4 when he's in the dressing room about to fight Drago, and Paulie gives him this speech about how Rocky always came through for him and was all heart. And he says if he could be anyone else, he'd want to be Rocky. Then as they walk toward the ring and you see all the Russians jeering and hating on Rocky, Paulie goes "remember what I said about wanting to be you? Forget it." Or something to that effect. It was a funny part. Burt Young played him well. "You want the bird? Go into the alley and eat your bird."

I saw it the other day and I was impressed. It was a great movie. Kind of had the feeling of the first one. And, I felt bad for Rocky. His wife is dead. His kid wants nothing to do with him. And Paulie refuses to acknowledge the past.

You are ruining it.....

I thought it was pretty bad.
No character development outside Rocky and Paulie (neither of whom can act).
Crappy training sequence.
Crappy opponent.
Flashbacks.
He really should have been a TRAINER in this one.
$9 for a ticket here.
Rent it.

I don't think that developing a charachter is that important when you are talking about the sixth movie! You should watch the first 5 - that's all the development you need!

I still say it blew 5 out of the water and that is all that matters to me.

p.s. They tried making Rocky a trainer. It was called Rocky 5. He still had to kick someones ass! The guy can't help what he is, I guess.

I took my 7 and 8 year old sons with me to see it.

they loved it.

its one afternoon im not going to forget anytime soon.

Saw it last week and thought it was pretty damn good. Thought Rocky looked gross when he took his shirt off though.

Saw it last week and thought it was pretty damn good. Thought Rocky looked gross when he took his shirt off though.

I thought he looked pretty good for 60 years old...I'm only 35 and I wouldn't be willing to take my shirt off on film!:lol: