The new Shadows Fall, anybody got?

I havent heard enough yet to pass judgement, but it seems heavier than their previous albums (but that may be coz the production is better). It also seems a bit commercialized, like they are trying to keep their fan base,but attract the nu-metal mtv fag crowd too. It needs a few more spins......

Bob: I think it's more straightforward, not really commericial in a way. The nu-metal crack was pretty low, since it be nice to hear a everyday kid listen to this form of music than the noise with whiney vocals that they are constantly having their throats shoved with. Hell, pop-punk is a hell alot better than the anti-melodic crap. I think it is a pretty good thrash metal album basically

Sadistik: Ok, and your point being that..... what do you like anyway?

evanfit: yeah it does, do you have the new one yet?

Jake: Ive listened to this album twice now since my original post. the nu metal influence I stated has kinda faded away. I think that was more of a first impression due to the mix. It's a good album, got a lot of catchy parts. I really like the mellow parts and accoustic guitars they used. I think I like of one blood better though. Can't wait to see these guys live again :headbang:

I listened to their new cd today and I like it. It's really influenced by old school thrash! There are very faint nu-metal parts..but these are few and far between..and ya kinda have to listen for them as they definetly don't overtake the songs!

It gets a MindInsane thumbs up! Getting back to the roots!!