The News Thread

he also subscribed to a theory that humans evolved from aliens if that intrigues you at all

edit: i think someone deleted the controversies section from his wiki since earlier lol

Reactions: CiG
Warnie was good player but his off field stuff was always more fun. Some of the stuff he did must have had his manager and publicist shitting themselves. Australian cricket lost both Warnie and Rod Marsh in the same 24 hours. Marsh was a true legend and a fucking nice guy to boot.

"Ballooning weight", not like the guy went from a stick figure to a fucking hippo.
Nothing like sensationalising shit to make a headline, more people need to treat the media like he did in that interview!

Getting paid a fuckload of money to give up smoking and then being caught on tv sparking up a durry was hilarious.

Imagine saying this when there are several Aussie users here.

true, i don't think i've ever seen cricket mentioned on this board though haha, may be wrong. i guess he's a pretty sport-transcending figure anyway especially in aus.

i was wondering if he's the first international sports superstar from my/our generation to have died then i remembered there's kobe obviously. any others?

Warnie was good player but his off field stuff was always more fun.
My sport of choice growing up was cricket and no amount of off-field nonsense compares to the fun of some of the wickets he took, even if NZ was on the receiving end of some of them. I already sucked at batting but once faced a kid who could easily bowl around my legs, and then there was really nothing I could do except awkwardly try to tap the ball a few times until I missed one. Warne's ol' flipper was something else though:

this still kinda looks like Putin is kinda insane
this waging war thing totally looks like something that Putin might not be doing if Trump had gotten a second term
either that,
or he was pre-planning this war with the expectation of Trump getting a second term with Trump's Administration taking Russia's side in this war or something

either way this war looks like Putin's not sane
and i can't even say the phrase "gone insane"
because, really, was Putin actually totally sane to begin with??

Putin is very cold and calculating, I don't view him as insane.
i would call Putin "calculating" in the sense that i am 100% sure this war Putin has started is something that he would never have actually started if Donald Trump had never become US President

This is insanely ignorant of the politics of the region.
the only way I'm really gonna be able to say my previous post was inaccurate, is if we say that Putin made Donald Trump win the 2016 election for the purpose of being able to do this war that Putin is now doing, and of course at this point we'd then have to say that Putin is totally responsible for Trump even getting anywhere close to getting his fucking name on the god-damn ballot for the 2016 election

the only way I'm really gonna be able to say my previous post was inaccurate, is if we say that Putin made Donald Trump win the 2016 election for the purpose of being able to do this war that Putin is now doing, and of course at this point we'd then have to say that Putin is totally responsible for Trump even getting anywhere close to getting his fucking name on the god-damn ballot for the 2016 election

You're retarded.

Reactions: SonOfNun