The News Thread

If Trump capitalised on his friendship with Oprah and asked her to run as his mate he'd fucking slay the opposition.

Is Dr Dawkins on the way to shitlord status?

Dawkins00.jpg

He's absolutely correct but yeah, quotes like this are why so many Lefties hate his guts. Pretty much every friend I have hates him in some way for some reason.

He offends tons of people so naturally I like him, though his opinions on a religious upbringing being child abuse is retarded, I see that now. Kinda totalitarian.

Reactions: Dak
"Radical" Christians aren't as organized as the middle eastern Muslims, but they commit acts similar to Muslims but in a smaller scale, so not sure that is right.

That's not what Dawkins said. The United States can be seen as a country that is killing non-Christians globally, or forcing Christianization, so I don't think that's a good argument to stand on.

I like Dawkins. Sometimes I don't think he takes his stances on religion far enough though which is why I'm a big Hitchens fan.

Really? I've found him to go too far.

He tried to eliminate all room for theology with science in The God Delusion by "answering" the question of why we live in this universe with physical constants right for life with multiverse theory which is pure speculation.

I blame him for the annoying, "science explains everything or one day will so fuck every idea that doesn't come from that" mindset.

I love his passion for science and his defense of it against bullshit, but not the perpetuation of the idea that spirituality is somehow primitive because it's not empirical.

He also falls into the trap of knocking down the easy targets. Of course it's easy to deny the existence of a god if you think Aquinas' arguments for God are all there is to theism.

Spirituality is primitive. Possibly one of the most primitive elements still in existence, that's not a slight against it though.

That's not what Dawkins said. The United States can be seen as a country that is killing non-Christians globally, or forcing Christianization, so I don't think that's a good argument to stand on.

Forcing Christianisation in what way?

He's absolutely correct but yeah, quotes like this are why so many Lefties hate his guts. Pretty much every friend I have hates him in some way for some reason.

Most of my friends fall to 'the left'. I don't know a single person that bitches about him. Most are either fans of his science writing or fans of his atheist herpyderpy stuff. The rest just DGAF about him, like most of the people in the world.

This is another way in which the whole left/right thing is fucking useless. People make out like the entirety of the left are represented by the outspoken, offence taking dickheads in the media that try and shout everyone down, as if the left has some kind of historic monopoly on trying to control what people can say or see and read and no one on the right ever gets offended and tries to shut down discussions.

Most of my friends fall to 'the left'. I don't know a single person that bitches about him. Most are either fans of his science writing or fans of his atheist herpyderpy stuff. The rest just DGAF about him, like most of the people in the world.

This is another way in which the whole left/right thing is fucking useless. People make out like the entirety of the left are represented by the outspoken, offence taking dickheads in the media that try and shout everyone down, as if the left has some kind of historic monopoly on trying to control what people can say or see and read and no one on the right ever gets offended and tries to shut down discussions.

Maybe I should introduce you to some of my friends in that case. I know tons of people that hate him, especially on the Left because he criticises Islam quite a lot which has become the Left's new favourite oppressed minority.

Also ironically it's always Left-leaning people that seem to scoff at that Left/Right compass, probably because they can't deal with the fact that the Left has become the establishment/the new authoritarians/the cunts basically. Gone are the days when people could just coast on by with George Bush jokes and Republican sneers. Now you have to explain away retarded feminists and shit.

It must suck.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Spirituality is primitive. Possibly one of the most primitive elements still in existence, that's not a slight against it though.

Forcing Christianisation in what way?

We sided with the Christians in Vietnam, we brought christianity to Korea and sided with the South. Proxy wars in S./C. America and now the Middle East. I believe it's more political/economic interests, but hard to deny we side with Christians lately.

Maybe I should introduce you to some of my friends in that case. I know tons of people that hate him, especially on the Left because he criticises Islam quite a lot which has become the Left's new favourite oppressed minority.

Also ironically it's always Left-leaning people that seem to scoff at that Left/Right compass, probably because they can't deal with the fact that the Left has become the establishment/the new authoritarians/the cunts basically. Gone are the days when people could just coast on by with George Bush jokes and Republican sneers. Now you have to explain away retarded feminists and shit.

It must suck.

Get friends that aren't fucking morons then.

People criticize it because it's too fucking simple to be useful. The UK has a Conservative government. Before that it had a coalition that was right of centre. The Labour government before that were right of centre. The most widely read papers are all to the right. The establishment here is on the right.

If you're going to stick to the L/R spectrum then the right as just as bad when it comes to Dawkins anyway. It's the right that tends to be religious and take issue with shit like evolution.