The News Thread

I feel like CIG is speaking on the division in the "liberal" movement currently. Ein has talked about this before, but it's probably most vocalized by Bill Maher vs. by whoever. I think it's termed neoliberalism, no? The whole aspect of "not judging" and that every culture is equal and right in their own world etc. Some liberals see benefit in people being "liberalized" and some "being left in their own world" because they are simply from X place.

The problem for this schism, or series of overlapping schisms in liberalism, is the overarching theme of holiness. No matter how grounded your less radical leftist wants to be, he or she must become ever more radical lest he or she suddenly find themselves in conversative territory. This has a similar effect on conservatives: They must also shift left lest they go from being in the conservative area to being FASCISTS! This is "The Ratchet".The shifting is, of course, a losing move. One must stop caring about cultural notions of secular piety.

Dismissing what Bill O'Reilly says is not guilt by association. Dismissing a video with Bill O'Reilly involved is. It's what the woman says that is important to my post, not anything Gavin says.

I care because I care, why ask for examples and then proceed to backtrack, dismiss and avoid them?

All you're doing is trying to start an argument. I'm not backtracking about anything. I asked some questions that's all. Relax. Not posting videos of morons helps too though.

Reactions: Matt
I fail to see the problem.

That's likely part of your problem. If you ask for examples and then don't even check them out, you're a dick.

You know it. You know you used Gavin to avoid dealing with my post.

fenriz.jpg