The News Thread

And one of my points was that we need to moderate our intake of people who bring Islamic culture over with them to better ensure integration, and I already stated that here in Australia and over in N.Z. the sane immigration policies actually do allow us to have integrated Muslim communities. I used the U.K. as an example of what can happen, and how Islam can be seen as incompatible, if we have totally cucked immigration policies.

In all fairness, part of the reason for some confusion surrounding this conversation probably has to do with my inconsistency in referring to the nebulous "values" we keep referring to. I've said "modern Western values," "Western values," "modern values," and "modernity" at different times. In general, I'm using them interchangeably; but that doesn't do away with the issue that "modern Western values" is likely a phrase that would interpreted differently by different people, and for perfectly sound reasons.

On one hand, we seem to be using "modern Western values" to refer to postwar liberalism in the U.S. (and in Europe to an extent). But a lot of historians would trace "modern Western values" back at least to the Enlightenment. Others might trace them to the Industrial Revolution, while others might say Dante's Divina Commedia and the Italian Renaissance. It's a very non-specific phrase that gets tossed about for sometimes vague purposes, and I'm guilty of that in this discussion. Dak originally used the phrase, but I haven't bothered to ask what it means.

Regardless of how we define it, my thoughts on Islam's compatibility still stand.

I have thoughts but I don't have the time to respond at the moment and CIG is doing a bangup job at putting forth points in line with what I would put forth so I'm less compelled to respond. Maybe tomorrow.

And one of my points was that we need to moderate our intake of people who bring Islamic culture over with them to better ensure integration, and I already stated that here in Australia and over in N.Z. the sane immigration policies actually do allow us to have integrated Muslim communities. I used the U.K. as an example of what can happen, and how Islam can be seen as incompatible, if we have totally cucked immigration policies.

Intergration is working well in much of the Western world. Aside from the rare and relatively minor terrorist incident, what problems has Islam caused in the UK?

Terrible integration in the U.K. has lead to the growing sentiment shown in the polls I quoted earlier.

The fact that some people are angry about it doesn't say much. They probably don't like Poles all that much either.

@Einherjar86 wow sorry man, I actually responded to you but I guess the post didn't go through or some shit. My Internet has been spotty lately so I dunno. Just noticed now that it's not in the thread and I posted it like 2 days ago.

A lot of Dems shitting themselves. Hoping to see the full report released soon. With how guys like Roger Stone were being prosecuted, I honestly didn't expect things to wrap up so quickly seemingly in Trump's favor. If Dems are still beating the horse by the 2020 election, or backtrack to things like Trump University or whatever, I'll laugh.

900d2306eb70dda0307f0fa3475b0055.gif

@Einherjar86 wow sorry man, I actually responded to you but I guess the post didn't go through or some shit. My Internet has been spotty lately so I dunno. Just noticed now that it's not in the thread and I posted it like 2 days ago.

No biggie. I was responding more than my scheduling allowed for anyway, so I needed a break.

Reactions: CiG
Not familiar with this site, so forgive me if it's satire but this is too funny if true to not share...

Article 13 will wreck the internet because Swedish MEPs accidentally pushed the wrong voting button.

In the EU, if a Member of the Parliament presses the wrong button on a vote, they can have the record amended to show what their true intention was, but the vote is binding.

Today, the European Parliament voted to pass the whole Copyright Directive without a debate on Articles 11 and 13 by a margin of five votes.

But actually, a group of left-leaning Swedish MEPs have revealed that they pressed the wrong button, and have asked to have the record corrected. They have issued a statement saying they'd intended to open a debate on amendments to the Directive so they could help vote down Articles 11 and 13.

We lost on a technicality, and there is no recourse.

Reactions: HamburgerBoy
lmao @ Europeans

Trump finally issued his first veto. Probably questionable how much of his push to reappropriate funds will hold under court, but at least put his foot down on something.

lmao @ Chicago as well over the Jussie Smollett thing.

EDIT: Apparently AOC's Green Dream was just rejected by lots of Dems as well, triple lmao. It's been a great news cycle for conservatives these last few days.

Last edited:
Dropped all charges, said that keeping Smollett's $10k bail is sufficient even without an admission of guilt or apology. Even Rahm Emanuel, the Democratic mayor of Chicago with close personal links to Obama, is pissed off that the prosecution dropped it without even a slap on the wrist. Only a tiny fraction of Dems seem to be taking this as proof of Smollett's innocence, most seem to realize that this is a bad look.

All charges were dropped? Holy shit, wow. I thought even hate crime hoaxes were still technically treated like a hate crime. That's terrible.