The Next Chapter: Bodom After Midnight

It's weird he didn't publicly comment on this when he had the chance. When the breakup news came up he only said "no comments."
In the end it really wouldn't matter what happened but this kinda "he said" "but he said" thing is rough for the fans to follow.
Just fuckin comment to the press, not personal facebook bc it will just spread and build up as a nasty rumour.

Really its just stupid I mean Alexi is the only one who gives interviews and then after he says something there comes a fb post like "not true lol". Say what u gotta say, I'm listening.

Last edited:
Eh...
" According to his post the band had a meeting about the break up during the summer of 2019 but Alexi didn't show up. Neither he did show up to the rehearsals the very next day. "

This came to my mind:
" Alexi says that Roope didn't show up to the recordings of IWC on time (and when he did the playing wouldnt work out) and thats partly why he was kicked out. "

Eh...
" According to his post the band had a meeting about the break up during the summer of 2019 but Alexi didn't show up. Neither he did show up to the rehearsals the very next day. "

This came to my mind:
" Alexi says that Roope didn't show up to the recordings of IWC on time (and when he did the playing wouldnt work out) and thats partly why he was kicked out. "
These are two separate things I don't think they are connected. Coming two weeks late to albums recordings and missing a meeting are different things.
No one knows wtf happened but analyzing shit that happened years ago doesn't really help.

Reactions: COB-666
Just fuckin comment to the press, not personal facebook bc it will just spread and build up as a nasty rumour.

Really its just stupid I mean Alexi is the only one who gives interviews and then after he says something there comes a fb post like "not true lol". Say what u gotta say, I'm listening.

well it’s true, but he only commented on the parts that include himself and his associates. Maybe it’s because the whole truth and reason of this break up is even nastier u know? So doesn’t comment anything unless provoked. Makes sense to me.

well it’s true, but he only commented on the parts that include himself and his associates. Maybe it’s because the whole truth and reason of this break up is even nastier u know? So doesn’t comment anything unless provoked. Makes sense to me.
Do you know more about this that you're not gonna post because it isn't public?
But yeah I do understand that, but I would expect 40 years olds to be able to agree about shit in private (now this is to Alexi and Janne both.) It's just fuckin annoying to have your favorite band break up and then have to follow statements that don't mean anything. :D

I would definitely like to hear properly what Janne, Jaska or Henkka have to say.

Also what the fuck is "A new line up or death!" supposed to mean :D That whole BAM bio what it originally was it was written in a kinda cringy way and it doesn't look like Alexi wrote it but he probably was there when it was written, he has had to read it and said it's ok.
but
-parted as friends
-new lineup or death!

This whole thing is a shitshow but really it looks like Alexi is trying to convince himself that he's had everything under control and has been one step further from the rest of the guys. For some reason I don't believe that "I already was thinking of a new band a year ago" thing, because if he was, they would probably have an official keyboardist for example.
Also I remember an interview from early 2019 where Alexi basically said the band's doing better than ever and touring is good now everything fine, it's gotta be exactly these guys and we'll tour forever. But band meeting in early 2019 hmm

I dunno

Last edited:
Reactions: COB-666
Janne Wirman posted on his personal Facebook about the false statements on the Bodom After Midnight release statement, one of them being that the ending would've been planned already early on 2019. According to his post the band had a meeting about the break up during the summer of 2019 but Alexi didn't show up. Neither he did show up to the rehearsals the very next day. Because of that Alexi heard of the splitting via email.

Any chance you can Screenshot this? I'm not friended with his private account, so I cant see it.

Also what the fuck is "A new line up or death!" supposed to mean :D That whole BAM bio what it originally was it was written in a kinda cringy way and it doesn't look like Alexi wrote it but he probably was there when it was written, he has had to read it and said it's ok.
but
-parted as friends
-new lineup or death!

This whole thing is a shitshow but really it looks like Alexi is trying to convince himself that he's had everything under control and has been one step further from the rest of the guys. For some reason I don't believe that "I already was thinking of a new band a year ago" thing, because if he was, they would probably have an official keyboardist for example.
Also I remember an interview from early 2019 where Alexi basically said the band's doing better than ever and touring is good now everything fine, it's gotta be exactly these guys and we'll tour forever. But band meeting in early 2019 hmm

I dunno

Yep. Looks like exactly as you describe it.
it’s actually written by Petri Silas, the guy who wrote Alexi’s book. Janne even tagged him and had some “friendly” argument about this. He also thinks “the pretentious language was used to hide the lies and to make sure the average person wouldn't connect the dots.”

Reactions: tragician
Do you know more about this that you're not gonna post because it isn't public?
Well even if someone doesn’t know, since 1.no one in the band wanted to comment on the real details of the breakup
2.the three members tried to explain and justify their leaving in a more indirect approach
3. and now these lies in this press release that just don’t add up, Alexi wanting to present that the break up happened in a completely different way.

Looks like there’s a vital piece missing that connects all of this. And since it’s not public, maybe it’s something nasty. Or not.
And well, in the last tour they didint even talk to each other

But didn't Daniel post quite a few pics on insta with all of them during the last tour? Like, I find it hard to believe that they didn't talk to each other but take some pictures together for Daniels Instagram.

Also: I remember Alexi said in an interview that the break up was originally planned for end of 2020. Unfortunately, it happened earlier for whatever reasons. But that would explain, why he already had thought about a new band.

But didn't Daniel post quite a few pics on insta with all of them during the last tour? Like, I find it hard to believe that they didn't talk to each other but take some pictures together for Daniels Instagram.
Daniel was probably the only one who didn't know anything about the upcoming breakup since he posted in his insta storys that he was shocked about the whole thing. Like, if the guys told him just one day before that they're gonna break up or sth.

People say nasty things that break even friendships that you've had for 20 years. Some of it is being a cunt and some of it is being a cunt without realizing (or someone is an idiot or someone can't handle reality), but it's all to do with insulting someone's pride and then ego steps in between to create distance, and sometimes it's unpleasant and hard to talk it out especially if someone is unwilling to sort it out or doesn't believe the other person will change... sometimes you put up with someone's idiocy trying to see it as the shadow side of his character, until one day it goes too far and you decide that's the end of it, so it happens. Thing is people grow apart during age and sometimes the good memories alone aren't enough to put up with the differences, when you've lost what you had in common, and since time is precious it just ends. Usually it's some fundamental disagreement of views which makes the friendship lose its glow, then it becomes a distant friendship, or if it's been close it might end completely. Eventually you just value the good memories and stop being bitter, life goes on... Maybe in music it's just creative visions clashing and then it's about who has power and who doesn't.

Last edited:
Or do you only refer specifically to Alexi and Janne, when you say they didn't talk to each other?
Yes I’m talking about Alexi vs the rest. Ok, let me rephrase, ofc they “talked” at some point but didn’t actually hang. Alexi was mainly hanging with Daniel or with no one at all.
I mean, it’s even said in the BAM press release that they parted even as friends, so you can tell they are not in good terms, unfortunately. And yeah eveybody is ok with Daniel, of course.

I mean, it’s even said in the BAM press release that they parted even as friends, so you can tell they are not in good terms, unfortunately. And yeah eveybody is ok with Daniel, of course.

Wait a second. The phrase "parted as friends" means to me that they were still friends when they parted. And not that their friendship is over.

Some native English speaker here, who can clarify this?

Something new will be the drummer waving his hair while playing.

The bassist guy in this clip.

Don't know if there's any live footage of the keyboard guy playing for Local Band.

Last edited:
Well even if someone doesn’t know, since 1.no one in the band wanted to comment on the real details of the breakup
2.the three members tried to explain and justify their leaving in a more indirect approach
3. and now these lies in this press release that just don’t add up, Alexi wanting to present that the break up happened in a completely different way.

Looks like there’s a vital piece missing that connects all of this. And since it’s not public, maybe it’s something nasty. Or not.
And well, in the last tour they didint even talk to each other

It was pretty obvious they didn't talk on the last tour. Pretty much every night someone said they saw Alexi leave in a different car and according to a friend who met them after last show they all went out for drinks without Alexi. It was all these small things. This is so sad because the friendship there is a vital part of the reason people like COB. I just hope Alexi and Jaska at least can work this out I mean that would be just so sad if they don't talk.
Yes I’m talking about Alexi vs the rest. Ok, let me rephrase, ofc they “talked” at some point but didn’t actually hang. Alexi was mainly hanging with Daniel or with no one at all.
Ah the usual "can fight but don't wanna face you" thing.
Wait a second. The phrase "parted as friends" means to me that they were still friends when they parted. And not that their friendship is over.

Not a native speaker but I think it means they were friends when the guys left the band and thet still are. But in this case it is unclear if it's true.

What happened in Russia that made "things escalate" as Alexi said? He did admit "starting fights"?

Tbh the whole
-you can keep the name I don't care
-I already was thinking of a new band anyway
-I wrote these songs duh
-acting like band breakup isn't that big of a deal after so many times of saying "its gotta be exactly these guys we are cob"
It just looks weird. The fights could be about who is COB, Alexi seems to believe he can be COB alone and for the others it seems more important that it was the four of them since the start. I dunno just a feeling?
It can also be understandable to "cover up" drama to make the band more appealing so old fans would follow and stay interested now that there's no new music yet. But leaving things unsaid and lying are different things here.

Whatever I'm starting to feel more like it would be a better idea to just forget the whole Bodom theme and just start another completely new band. This new lineup feels so quickly gathered. Not that I really have anything against the new guys but it doesn't look like it's gonna last.

Last edited:
I guess the new keyboardist is given time to learn the soloing stuff, it has to work fluently if they are to trade unison solos and improvise in jams. So maybe the only thing we have to look forward to is hearing Taste of My Scythe or Northern Comfort this summer.

Last edited:
Whatever I'm starting to feel more like it would be a better idea to just forget the whole Bodom theme and just start another completely new band. This new lineup feels so quickly gathered. Not that I really have anything against the new guys but it doesn't look like it's gonna last.

yeah I think I’d also prefer if he just formed a new band from scratch. No Bodom reference. It would maybe have been so much easier in many ways.

hmmm yeah now that I read it again it probs means they parted in good terms and as friends. Oh well another lie I guess.