The Next Chapter: Bodom After Midnight

Bittersweet tears and headbanging for the past hour or so. The song is so damn soothing yet makes me want to shove shit off my desk and ride into the sunset. The mixture of Mask of Sanity/HCDR/Hexed/HoB flavors, seasoned with some of Daniel's special spice really shines and makes me sad that we'll never hear the full genius that this record could have been :cry:

Last edited:
I'm also rarely a fan of the first song's released from Bodom albums but this is really good! It's like a mix of Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood, Not my Funeral, Mask of Sanity, thrashed lost and Strungout, follow the reaper etc. I was wondering why there was no keyboardist but they are pushed back in the mix and used mostly just as accompaniment. The drums might be the best part and really compliment Alexi's riffs/songwriting. It's amazing just how much a drummer can change the sound. Alexi must have been really inspired with the new lineup. He even let Daniel have a solo.

Its great Alexi got to record two songs before his passing but sad that this band had so much potential. Its clear from this song Alexi had so much more music to give the world : (

I will wait for the video release and watch it on my Big TV with my Soundbar blasting it out loud.

But I'm very excited for it now with all the positive impressions here.

Production sounds a lot better than the last two albums. Really catchy chorus. Great song. Like everyone else said he had so much more music in him to give :(. Sounds inspired by the new band

Reactions: Works0fheart
I think one of the sad things we're going to see is him absolutey wasted in the video. I heard he turned up to the video shoot around noon pretty drunk. Not a good sign

Last edited:
Reactions: COB-666
This song is definitely a Halo of Blood part 2 mixed with hammer blasting fast & furious riffs from HCDR seasoned with Naildown world domination Anger.

I agree. I heard parts of Halo Of Blood and All Twisted in there, just slightly different.
Well, still a pretty good song.
I still cant believe Alexi is gone.

Reactions: rj rl and COB-666
I think one of the sad things we're going to see is him absolute wasted in the video. I heard he turned up to the video shoot around noon absolutely wasted. Not a good sign
Thats so sad to hear, maybe he was at the end a real alcoholic.

The new song sounds good to me, like COB has never left. Only sad thing is that there will be this the last 2 songs to ever hear from him...

Reactions: COB-666
You think if that were the case they’d release the video? Love the guitar tone and vocal production on the new song so much

If that is the case it makes me wonder if the whole corona shutdown thing was the reason why he got "completely wasted" again often (I'm sure if he was even wasted on an important thing like a video shoot, he was also wasted on the days he hadn't anything planned). So maybe Corona killed him indirectly....

Reactions: Sany and AlixSB
If that is the case it makes me wonder if the whole corona shutdown thing was the reason why he got "completely wasted" again often (I'm sure if he was even wasted on an important thing like a video shoot, he was also wasted on the days he hadn't anything planned). So maybe Corona killed him indirectly....
I mean it's a good guess. The guy has had previous serious issues with alcohol. Suddenly you're thrown into a situation where you can't work (tour)/see your wife/girlfriend. I imagine that could lead down a dark path pretty quickly. But this is nothing new. There have been serious issues with COB videos of him turning up wasted. Throwing up during the filming etc. The Blooddrunk video never nearly went ahead because he was so ill/drunk/hungover.

I mean it's a good guess. The guy has had previous serious issues with alcohol. Suddenly you're thrown into a situation where you can't work (tour)/see your wife/girlfriend. I imagine that could lead down a dark path pretty quickly. But this is nothing new. There have been serious issues with COB videos of him turning up wasted. Throwing up during the filming etc. The Blooddrunk video never nearly went ahead because he was so ill/drunk/hungover.

Yeah but Blooddrunk was years ago. I wouldn't take this as a reference for his recent behavior. He sounded very reflective on such things in recent interviews. So showing up wasted now seems like a complete unusual thing to me, although he did it often in the past.

Joonas did an amazing production! Just wow. It sounds perfect, vocals, guitars, drums, plus everything sounds super clean! Huge props to him, but also to Waltteri, maan, that's some great drumming right there!

Other than that, the song seriously has some HoB feel, like a mix of All Twisted and the title track :D

Yeah but Blooddrunk was years ago. I wouldn't take this as a reference for his recent behavior. He sounded very reflective on such things in recent interviews. So showing up wasted now seems like a complete unusual thing to me, although he did it often in the past.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. All I'm going to say is anyone can say whatever they want in an interview. The fact 3 original members of the band left should sum up the issues going on. The guy looked really ill for the past few years now.

Lyrics:

Wake up quick at about midnight
Bloodshot eyes and down for a fight
Calm down, tune out while you read my rights
Can't take it no more, please hit the lights
Put your fucking clothes on
Second that notion

What do you say? What did you expect?
The B-A-M's in full effect
A couple of things you left unchecked
We'll kick you in the face and take your self respect
Second that notion

My three Furies
I need you tonight
Please forgive me
For what I've done

Alecto - end their page
Megaera - with your sweet rage
Thilphoseia - hits you like a flash flood
FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT
So count your stars
Alecto - end their page
Thilphoseia - paint the sky with blood
FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT
Paint the sky with blood

Wake up quick at about midnight
Bloodshot eyes and down for a fight
Calm down, tune out while you read my rights
Can't take it no more, please hit the lights
Second that notion

My three Furies
I need you tonight
Please forgive me
For what I've done

Alecto - end their page
Tilphoesia - hits you like a flash flood
FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT
So count your stars
Alecto - end their page
Thilphoseia - paint the sky with blood
FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT

Alecto:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alecto
Thilphoseia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tisiphone
Megaera:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megaera

Reactions: turbofacu
The song is decent. All of the riffs have potential but it doesn't add up somehow. Glad they released it though.