The Night and the Silent Water

The middle of that song is probably the best part of Morningrise, and that's an accomplishment. This makes me want to go out and buy it again... I left it at some guy's house and he moved out.

Nectar, Advent and To Bid You Farewell are all great, I kind of have mixed feelings about BRI.

Zivilyn said:
The middle of that song is probably the best part of Morningrise, and that's an accomplishment. This makes me want to go out and buy it again... I left it at some guy's house and he moved out.

Nectar, Advent and To Bid You Farewell are all great, I kind of have mixed feelings about BRI.

If I were you, I'd slay that guy.

biggsy said:
man, buy it again... how can you live without morningrise?

I dunno, 150 other CDs helps a little. 5 of them are Opeth, so I got my fix there pretty much. I'll probably get Ghost Reveries before Morningrise, save Damnation for last.

This song as well as Demon of the Fall is hands down some of the GREATEST music ever played by humans hands..

I love this song. One of my very favorite Opeth songs. I just listened to it last night before I fell asleep. Brilliant.

in limbow said:
I don't care if GR is a million times more polished, mature or whatever, I still love Morningrise and it's my favorite Opeth album. TNATSW is a beautiful song, I don't see how anyone could deny the beauty of that acoustic part at 2:50 and the vocals that follow.

YES!!! Ditto to all of that. Hendrix fans think alike haha.

Morning rise and Orchid have always been my top favorites. I think these 2 albums are absolute masterpieces. There is no doubt that The night and the silent water is a kickass track. But, I prefer Advent, Under the weeping moon and Twilight is my robe, among others.

Zivilyn said:
I dunno, 150 other CDs helps a little. 5 of them are Opeth, so I got my fix there pretty much. I'll probably get Ghost Reveries before Morningrise, save Damnation for last.

You'll play GR before Morningrise????

Are you on drugs???

(Can I have some?)