The Nightwish Official Channel in YouTube

St Enigma

Sep 11, 2005

Since the amount of poor quality videoclips from along the beginnign of Nightwish DPP-tour flooding in YouTube and inducing some not-so-flattering comments about the band's performance - most of which were obviously based on the lack of quality and poor sound rather than how the band really performed on stage - Jarmo, the Finnish webmaster of www.nightwish.com decided to open

The Official Nightwish Channel in YouTube.

In December 2007 he shot himself some live Nightwish footage from a couple of gigs in Finland and in Austria, joined the genuine soundtrack taken straight from the soundboard in the clips and uploaded the them. The difference is huge even when Youtube packs the sound into 96 Kbs mono track on upload.

Since the beginning also Jukka has contributed some nice diary footage which the guys have shot on tour in China, Australia and in Europe and he'll add new clips once and a while.

Stay tuned for more.

The Islander -video

Yesterday, April 14th was the world premiere of Nightwish's new video "The Islander" which is directed by Tuomas "Stobe" Harju. It was viewed first on MTV Finland and only a few hours later Jarmo uploaded by the band's permission the longer version of The Islander on Youtube for all fans around the globe.

Some adjectives mentioned by the first viewers: Incredible, stunning, awesome...

Rate yourself :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was anticipating the new Opeth video and it turned out to be less than I expected... I didn't even know Nightwish was making a new video and it rocks.

I bookmarked the Nightwish youtube page, gonna' watch a lot of videos of them tomorrow probably.