The now reading thread ...

Clearly, internet forums are the only source for education you need

..though I suppose this does hold true for education on Vikings and Norse mythology, just ask Tyra =P

Armon Amarth said:
im not a loser. i only dont read books. i often read lyrics and i read enough in this forum.
I'm not trying to be mean, but come on man, enrich your life. Books engage the mind and, more importantly, the imagination in ways television and movies could never hope to.

I've been reading "The Antichrist by Nietzsche"

I recently picked up "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" by Nietzsche. Haven't read it yet as I'm currently in the middle of Robert Heinlen's "Stranger in a Strange Land". I started reading his stuff over the summer and he quickly became one of my favorite authors.

I'm not trying to be mean, but come on man, enrich your life. Books engage the mind and, more importantly, the imagination in ways television and movies could never hope to.
nerd! imagination is for girls!

not sure what to start now- either mists of avalon, or the golden compass. i have no idea what the second one is about but it's been reccomended to me.

there's a great book about god dying, and falling in to the sea, and the catholic church claiming his gargantuan corpse, and towing it to the north pole with aircraft carriers to keep it from decaying. It's called Towing Jehova.

Unfortunately, I have to read too much stuff for school for my eyes to handle reading much of the fiction stuff. Not that I don't like the books for school, but a change is nice sometimes. In that spirit, I read Bernard Cornwell's The Last Kingdom. I think most of you would like that book a lot. It's part one of a three book series. I read it because I've enjoyed Cornwell's previous series so much, but it didn't hurt any that the story is about Alfred the Great and his descendants as seen "through the eyes of Uhtred, an English boy born into the aristocracy of ninth-century Northumbria, captured by the Danes and taught the Viking ways".

The Way of the Warrior is one of those kind of Tao books, too, but it's not really "religious". The Tao of Winnie the Pooh is more Tao, really...

It'd help if you said what religion, I guess...