The Official Chris Salinas Rules Thread

Rev. Clayton

The Singer
Sep 4, 2006
www.suspyre.com
I can't stop listening to Specs! In my opinion Chris really gives Zero hour a new and polished sound. I'm really excited about the depth that he adds and just wanted to see how everyone else felt. Opinions???

I can't stop listening to Specs! In my opinion Chris really gives Zero hour a new and polished sound. I'm really excited about the depth that he adds and just wanted to see how everyone else felt. Opinions???
I've long been a fan of Chris' voice, but I feel he really came into his own with ZH! I have also been a fan of ZH since 98-99 and as much as I liked Erik and thought he'd be hard to replace, all I can say now is, "Erik who?" Not a slam on Erik at all, I just think that Chris' voice fits their music so much better and he does an AWESOME job doing Erik's material! He really moved my girlfriend at PP (her first real exposure). I was thinking that she'd enjoy the vox and hate the music, but what turned out is that not only did his voice move her, she also loved the music! She's not normally a fan of prog, but loves metal.

And the MOST amazing thing about Chris is that he is one of the nicest, most down-to-earth, non-egotistical people you will EVER meet! I met him in 2001 at PP1 (as well as the ZH guys), saw him at subsequent PPs, and really came to know him back in November when we did those shows together. Chris Salinas does indeed RULE!!! And since the rest of ZH RULES too, he is the perfect fit!

:headbang:Chris Salinas does indeed ruleth!:headbang:

It's great to see Zero Hour get the singer they deserve! And I can already see how Chris and the band have already evolved in to an extremely tight well oiled porgressive metal machine! I mean they're talent and professionalism made them spectacular right from their first gig. But after seeing them in SF I could really hear and witness their growth as a new entity already, I mean there is some mad sybiosis goin on here!!! :zombie: ....
A match made in Heavy Metal Heaven!! :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Where's my album, douchebag? :err:

And yeah, Salinas serisouly rules! Hence my glowing review and this album getting the top spot of 2006.

I am game :)

Chris is great! I was a fan since I heard him on 'Eyes Of The Oracle'. But now with Zero Hours last album he sounds even better!

I really liked Eric voice and always knew as a vocalist he would be hard act to replace I really feel Chris has added a whole new dimension to his voice on Specs that really sits well with the music. It great evryone in the band is approachable and down to earth. I also believe the next album will be even stronger than Specs Its plane to see to see how much the band is pumped up and they will have had a whole lot of touring etc to draw upon for the next disc. So yes a big thumbs up for Chris

Man I love the two songs on the Suspyre myspace and now I am hearing they are confirmed for the Chicago Power Fest! Congrats Rev!! :headbang:

Can't wait the get their new album in my grubby hands...

I agree!!
It is about time they have the perfect match of powerful vocals to their extremely powerful music. These guys certainly deserve another musician in the band who can keep up with them.
Maybe Ray will let Chris and I sing back-up with him during the Redemption set?
:worship:
Eric

When I first heard the news of Chris joining the band, I was a bit skeptical. I loved him with Power of Omens, but I wasn't sure if he would be a good fit with ZH. Fast forward (or rewind back in time :p) to their mini-east coast tour. Chris totally won me over when he sang Reflections at the NJ Proghouse. Beautiful performance. As other people have said, Erik who?! ;)