The official Esoteric thread

Cronopio

Glorious Imperator
Oct 16, 2003
Stockholm, Sweden
www.cronopio.se
Since the album is slated for a winter 2009 release, I though I might as well start a thread about it, where you can gossip, chit-chat and whatnot to your heart's desire. Anything Esoteric goes here. :headbang:

I personally can't fucking wait for that album. I wonder if "Esoteric" or "Time" from Wintersun (if released in 09) will be my top 1 of 2009?

If this turns into a "WTF WHEN IS THE ALBUM COMING OUT I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE" thread, I will delete it. Just a heads up.

I can't wait for it either btwz! It's gonna be super dynamic and awesome and all that fun stuffs.

If this turns into a "WTF WHEN IS THE ALBUM COMING OUT I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE" thread, I will delete it. Just a heads up.

I can't wait for it either btwz! It's gonna be super dynamic and awesome and all that fun stuffs.

Dude, I don't care thay you pretend to work in the band's interest. You say inquiries as to when the album will be released are rude to the band - well I say statements like these are rude to the fans. I'm not gonna bitch about a release date or anything, and you can delete this post and/or ban me from this board, but this just had to be said.

The album's gonna be great, the band is great, that we can agree on.

:Smokin:

Dude, I don't care thay you pretend to work in the band's interest. You say inquiries as to when the album will be released are rude to the band - well I say statements like these are rude to the fans. I'm not gonna bitch about a release date or anything, and you can delete this post and/or ban me from this board, but this just had to be said.

The album's gonna be great, the band is great, that we can agree on.

:Smokin:

I agree. I think that everyone on here has been pretty calm (A.K.A. dead) since the rules came out over the summer. Ever since then, there have been no updates and no one has complained about it.

Why should we get berated for being interested in the bands new album when there has been a five year gap in between them? I consider myself one of the truest Skyfire fans and I have stuck by them for awhile like the few of us that still post here.

Interest should be a good thing for a band.

I'm not saying that you are going to do anything, but I am saying that I won't tolerate it if this thread turns into whinefest 2k9, that's all. I'm not berating anyone, there is already one thread (http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/skyfire/364991-update-studio-3.html#post7559643 ) for people to complain in, I don't want 2. That's all I meant.

You guys totally took my statements of out context. Inquiries are one thing, outright complaining and whining is another. And for better or for worse, I allow BOTH. Just keep the complaining to one thread (in other words, Bleak Eyes, if the lack of updates is pissing you off, feel free to complain in the studio update thread that I have stickied up there- for the record the update that went out with the cover art and the video was supposed to be the last... but there will be another one in the coming weeks). If this thread stays civil and cool and not filled with the aforementioned whining, I'll even sticky this thread when the album comes out. Hows that sound, mah Swedish homedog? :D

and now... back to the album discussion.

Oh and one more thing Crono, about your "well it's insulting to the fans..." comment- I won't answer that here. Feel free to bring that up in the update thread (which I also will now tag as the complaint thread) if you want a proper response to it.

Anyways.. I heard there will be aliens, robots, and racist dragons named Alby on this album. Confirm/deny?

Are we still talking about Esoteric? I'm guessing "The Maniacal Vale" is not the new one? Forgive my drunkenness. That CD was my weed-flight to riffland and I hope they are recording new stuff. Someone knowledgable please fill me in...

Are we still talking about Esoteric? I'm guessing "The Maniacal Vale" is not the new one? Forgive my drunkenness. That CD was my weed-flight to riffland and I hope they are recording new stuff. Someone knowledgable please fill me in...

Dude you know what? I have some friends on my ass about that CD and I have the biggest Season Of Mist boner imaginable, but yet I just could never get into it. Them and Mouth Of The Architect, I could never get into. You should definitely check out the new Cult Of Luna which I much prefer for my epic post metal/rock fix.

Dude you know what? I have some friends on my ass about that CD and I have the biggest Season Of Mist boner imaginable, but yet I just could never get into it.

Same here

I thought this thread was about the band Esoteric...I forgot that was the name of the new Skyfire album. Ha.

But I agree man...I tried to get into the Maniacal Vail and it bored me to death