The official Esoteric thread

Ha, some site says that the new album will come out in June. Unfortunately that same site says that Insomnium is releasing their album next month and they are entering the studio this month. Reliable.

Swedish progressive death metallers SKYFIRE have
wrapped up the recordings for the follow up to 2004’s ‘Spectral,’ entitled
‘Esoteric.’ The album’s music was self-produced at Powernest Studios in Gothenburg,
Sweden, while vocals were produced by THE FORSAKEN guitarist Patrik Persson.
‘Esoteric’ is set to be mixed by Jonas Kjellgren (SCAR SYMMETRY, SONIC
SYNDICATE, ZONARIA, THE ABSENCE) at Abyss Studios. The album will be released this
fall via Pivotal Rockordings.....

Additionally, SKYFIRE and Pivotal Rockordings have
teamed up to release a digital-only EP this summer featuring tracks that
written after “Spectral” and were never released and will not appear on
“Esoteric.” More details will be announced shortly.....

FYI this album is going out in the US through Koch distro, so you should be able to hit up your local Best Buy, Hot Topic (lulz), FYE etc and find it there. EP will be available on iTunes and all major digi retailers. No excuses! Buy it if you like it!

Fuck buying it. I'm going to download it like 10 weeks early and give it to every living person i know for FREE. Then I'm going to email Skyfire and tell them I DOWNLOADED their album early and it's cool but never mention buying it. Then I'll make burned copies of it and start selling it on EBay and then I'll go to jail but at least I didnt spend money.

FYI this album is going out in the US through Koch distro, so you should be able to hit up your local Best Buy, Hot Topic (lulz), FYE etc and find it there. EP will be available on iTunes and all major digi retailers. No excuses! Buy it if you like it!

That would be so weird seeing Skyfire in Hot Topic

I don't care but noboby knows them...then I walk in and bam! Skyfire!

Haha

It was so weird seeing the new Draconian and the old Eluveitie cd in there last week.

is it possible we may get track listings for the EP / cd? so we can speculate about the potential awesomeness o' the songs, invent detailed descriptions of how they may possibly sound as well as lyrics, and then record a skyfire tribute album based on these concepts?

:oops:

Hahaha. Shacked up with your mom for the last 3 months.

Nahh, I started dating a chickadee and we're nearing outdoor track season (i have a running addiction :ill:) so i got a little busy.

my baaaaaaaaad.

my question: which way is the way to buy it if we want the greatest profit to go to Skyfire? I would think iTunes since they probably don't have to add overhead for distribution and a piece of physical media.

Buy the EP through wherever and buy the CD physically in stores so that the distro is happy/orders more Skyfire/keeps working with Skyfire for years to come. Buying a shirt also helps the band and plus it's a Skyfire shirt. Who doesn't want one?