The Official Royal Carnage VITAL REMAINS Thread

Dechristianize is in my preliminary Top 5 of 2003 and I just don't see too many anticipated releases knocking it down

... as good as it is, I have a feeling the new DECAPITATED and MORBID ANGEL might give it a run for it's money later in the summer. At least in the Death Metal field ...

Thanks to your review it is one of my current faves too.

lurch70 said:
... as good as it is, I have a feeling the new DECAPITATED and MORBID ANGEL might give it a run for it's money later in the summer. At least in the Death Metal field ...

Thanks to your review it is one of my current faves too.

Thank you.

And I hope you are right about Morbid Angel. I'm excited...

As far as DECAPITATED, I love Nihility, but I don't know....

The album would be a review I would have revelled in. Papa Josh did an excellent job - I would not have bought it otherwise - however, it just keeps presenting something new to me each time I hear it.

The birds on the front cover are well fit too. Do you think the Romans were trying to tease Jesus? *contains laughter in shame*

bloodfiredeath said:
I wasn't sure if I was going to go to Milwaukee Metalfest or not this year. Vital Remains now playing it is making me lean towards yes.

And they've got Glenn Benton fronting them for the gig right? That'll probably be a one and only....you should def go!

How would you compare Dechristianize with Dawn of the Apocalypse? It's tough for me to work backwards from something so immediately legendary.

I bought "Into Cold Darkness" about a week ago, and today I bought "Let Us Pray". I've been told that both are extremely rare. Guess I got lucky, huh? :D

Haven't really gotten 'round to listening to either too much yet.

bloodfiredeath said:
I wasn't sure if I was going to go to Milwaukee Metalfest or not this year. Vital Remains now playing it is making me lean towards yes.

Sorry to be lazy and not check this out myself, but does anyone know if VR will be touring beyond just that Milwaukee Metalfest?

Raise the crucifix....

Anyone noticed these couple of Ozzy moments on Dechristianize? (1) The first track uses the same operatic choir sequence that Ozzy used for his stage entrance, and (2) the mid-tempo riff change in the title track is very similar to the main verse riff in "Believer".

That's because Ozzy is the DEVIL!

I just read last night that Vital Remains and M.O.D. will be touring starting next year, the Killith Fair Tour or something, haha.

I take it you can't do the Milano Mosh? :)

I've never heard M.O.D. by the way, but I love S.O.D.