The demise of Royal Carnage...

The forum never really did anything, but MSRCAST has been going now for almost 5 years on Metal Injection Radio.

I would bet your next phone bill against those naked pictures of your wife you were flaunting years back that this forum has done more for promoting music than that shitty podcast all of 2 people listen to. No offense good sir.

Tom Brady, negars, known to the lay person as "American born blacks", are an outdated lot who no longer serve a valid purpose in the modern world. They completed their role assigned and don't have the wherewithal nor decency to curtail their reproduction for the betterment of society. You bring me a negar, I'll show you a man filled with loathing secondarily for his counterparts, foremost for himself. Whoever amongst you would like to be born breeched in tar, come forth! Conversely, first generation Africans toiling for a living in America exhibit a work ethic second to none. I work with many of these esteemed gents, not only are they intelligent, but they are respectful as can be. The outdated Model T man tractors who are ancestrally tied to those who picked cotton quicker than they could pick gnats from their periodontal death traps are a resentful, disdainful, languid gaggle of humanity who have plunged deep in to the depths of savagery. Before the Civil Rights movement, how many windows were outlined with steel bars? Such material should be designed to keep these purloiners in, not out!!!!

I would bet your next phone bill against those naked pictures of your wife you were flaunting years back that this forum has done more for promoting music than that shitty podcast all of 2 people listen to. No offense good sir.

Well, good thing for me I know that's a losing bet for you, huh? Lol... yeah, cuz talking about black people in a negative light promotes music....

Tom Brady, negars, known to the lay person as "American born blacks", are an outdated lot who no longer serve a valid purpose in the modern world. They completed their role assigned and don't have the wherewithal nor decency to curtail their reproduction for the betterment of society. You bring me a negar, I'll show you a man filled with loathing secondarily for his counterparts, foremost for himself. Whoever amongst you would like to be born breeched in tar, come forth! Conversely, first generation Africans toiling for a living in America exhibit a work ethic second to none. I work with many of these esteemed gents, not only are they intelligent, but they are respectful as can be. The outdated Model T man tractors who are ancestrally tied to those who picked cotton quicker than they could pick gnats from their periodontal death traps are a resentful, disdainful, languid gaggle of humanity who have plunged deep in to the depths of savagery. Before the Civil Rights movement, how many windows were outlined with steel bars? Such material should be designed to keep these purloiners in, not out!!!!
yeah no offense jerry but stuff like this is pretty much what made me lose interest in posting here lately, that and the lack of lulz

This place certainly has fallen from its glory days, but I'd still take it over 94% of whatever other sewage the internet has to offer.
Call Jerry the devil I know, I suppose

This place certainly has fallen from its glory days, but I'd still take it over 94% of whatever other sewage the internet has to offer.
Sadly, I'd agree. And I guess that's more a comment on the overall state of the net. Which isn't surprising, since it's really just a mirror of society. That said, even with all the non-music conversation that dominates the forum now, it still yields more new finds than almost any other forum.

I'm one of the original members of Royal Carnage. I used to post all the time, but then I just got too busy with my life and stuff. I still come to read threads and find out about new bands and stuff. Sometimes I even post a picture of a penis or something like that. Believe it or not, I do find new bands on this forum, and this is the only metal forum I still go to. I love the racist stuff I find on this forum because it is funny. It never even occurred to me that RiA was actually racist. I always thought he was joking.

I agree that the glory days are probably past, but I also think that the forum grew with the internet. This forum started at a time when metal forums were just picking up a full head of steam. Several people joined that were very interested in music. We all talked about music almost every day instead of doing work at our jobs. Then some of us got busy with other stuff. Then others started joining for whatever reason. Metal forums have all seen this progression. There's lots of excitement early on, but as people talk about the same thing endlessly, it gets boring. Consequently, there is a ton of off topic discussion now. We're all guilty of it, though.

In summary: penis pics, RC is still useful, Papa Josh is till gay, and my hijacking of the Circus Brimstone's Say Anything You Want Thread still cracks me up.

Reactions: SonOfNun
Nice to hear from you, Nate. Are you still listening to all that chainsaw music? :loco:

Other than the cool peeps I've "met" on here (still not sure if some of you actually exist), I think the forum has at least helped me become more discerning in my tastes and more analytical of my opinions/beliefs. We all need to start arguing again.

Pretty much sums it up. We're all getting older and there's been relatively few new posters to pick up the slack.

plenty of new posters, but they tend to drag the forum down rather than boost it up.

This forum is still the best place to find good bands, despite the RC hypemachine, everyone just has much less time for "serious" music discussion and therefore they post quick blurbs about tits and negars and whatever.

The racist stuff isnt my thing, but its easy enough to skip/avoid. Then again, take Jerry's rant on Negars from above and replace with "turks/arabs" and me indicating "most not all" and some blab about crazy fucking islam/southern european honour-based cultures [instead of street-cred or whatever] and it could come straight from my lips. Right down to the comparisons with apes (gorillas usually, but thats insulting the gorilla).

This forum is still the best place to find good bands, despite the RC hypemachine, everyone just has much less time for "serious" music discussion

as i get older, "serious" "music discussion" seems more like a pretentious waste of time

who the hell needs to discuss music for any other reason than ego-masturbation

nowadays i limit my "discussion" to "yo check out this band they are cool" and "thanks for the cool reco, this band is cool" because honestly what else is there to say?

Reactions: Krilons Resa
cool like what? darkness descends, de mysteriis dom sathanas, epicus doomicus metallus, altars of madness?

nope, not even

it's like "hey check out this cool band [youtube link]" and if you cant be arsed to play the youtube for 10 seconds to find out then suit yourself