The demise of Royal Carnage...

nope, not even

it's like "hey check out this cool band [youtube link]" and if you cant be arsed to play the youtube for 10 seconds to find out then suit yourself

but most people recommend mostly crap and 10 seconds of youtube samples isn't enough to judge something correctly

but most people recommend mostly crap and 10 seconds of youtube samples isn't enough to judge something correctly

and you would instead argue that "TOTALLY SOUNDS LIKE MAYHEM DUDE" is enough then

and you would instead argue that "TOTALLY SOUNDS LIKE MAYHEM DUDE" is enough then

That would imply it's mega-awesome.

Or really no, but some kind of description on what to expect (rough genre definition maybe?) is a good thing imo. Just because some people on here find homo college dude progressive alternative techno good and may well post a youtube link doesn't mean I'm very interested in even trying.

That would imply it's mega-awesome.

Or really no, but some kind of description on what to expect (rough genre definition maybe?) is a good thing imo. Just because some people on here find homo college dude progressive alternative techno good and may well post a youtube link doesn't mean I'm very interested in even trying.

yeah well okay i will concede that i will usually spend the 5 seconds to write "listen to this if you like CELTIC FROST" but my point, that talking about music is mostly pointless, stands

yeah well okay i will concede that i will usually spend the 5 seconds to write "listen to this if you like CELTIC FROST" but my point, that talking about music is mostly pointless, stands

Its not pointless. Its just that we've all seen and been through just about every argument that could be argued. I usually check out about 75% of the "recommendations" on this forum, just because there's no other really good source. Plus, I actually trust some of the opinions around here.

By the way, did you ever explain why you left then came back with a new name and attitude? I don't go into most of the off topic threads.

College music to me is Yes and third-tier black metal because that's what I listened to in college.

in college i discovered most of the awesome bands (through RC) that continue to be my favourites today

so is it because I really didn't do anything college-related in college except occasionally go to class and smoke a lot of pot?

By the way, did you ever explain why you left then came back with a new name and attitude?

erik is banned by deron and i don't know that i have a new attitude, well maybe i do but that comes from being away for a year or so, not from having a new username