The Official Royal Carnage Classic Rock Thread

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Well with all the talk about that stupid Rolling Boners list, name some of your favorite classic rock albums, groups, experiences, whatever. (It's either this or a Make Yer Own Top 500 list thread, and I don't think anyone would bother with that :D )

I really like Lynard Skynard. And I don't know if it's considered classic rock, but that song by Buffalo Springfield that starts off with "THere's somethin' happening here..." and then has the chorus of "Stop. Hey, what's that sound, everybody look what's goin' down" is a damn masterpiece of songwriting.

Never did get into Iron Maiden or Judas Priest. snooze...

Some stuff I've been listening to lately:

Thin Lizzy - Black Rose
Blue Oyster Cult - Secret Treaties
Uriah Heep - Demons And Wizards
UFO - Strangers In The Night
Scorpions - Taken By Force

When you're in the right mood, nothing beats good old, warm, analog, 70's recordings.

Dreamlord said:
I really like Lynard Skynard. And I don't know if it's considered classic rock, but that song by Buffalo Springfield that starts off with "THere's somethin' happening here..." and then has the chorus of "Stop. Hey, what's that sound, everybody look what's goin' down" is a damn masterpiece of songwriting.
You know, the only thing better than this song was the Muppets rendition of it. Seriously, it was incredible.

Pink Floyd, King Crimson, and Led Zeppelin are my sacred 3. I could live out my days on a desert island quite happily if I had all their releases with me (and of course a radio, lots of batteries, and some big-tittied bitch would help). :)

NAD said:
Pink Floyd, King Crimson, and Led Zeppelin are my sacred 3.
Oh God. I found all three to be narcolepsy put to disc. I'd rather sit through an Economics class teaching the supply and demand curve than listen to any of those bands.

Funnily enough, my fiance loves Led Zep and Pink Floyd.

I knew you found Crimso boring, I didn't know about the others though. You're just bitter that... that they... they like uh... well you're just bitter, that's all. :lol:

I would rather skin myself alive than sit through an economics class. :ill:

Like I said in the other thread, I'm definitely on the hunt to widen my collection to classic rock just because I want to expose this to my daughter (and children if we have more along the way). The fact is, some of the music I take for granted because I once owned it on vinyl or tape - but I never went back to get it on CD. (I've even thought about buying a record player just to get the original acoustic vinyl sounds but I'm too old and tired to go searching around record fairs, jumping needles, and wiping dust off warped records).

Albums I want now on CD:

Columbia Recordings 64-70: Simon & Garfunkel
Blue - Joni Mitchell
Tapestry - Carole King
Led Zeppelin III & Houses of the Holy
Harvest - Neil Young
Armed Forces - Elvis Costello
Remain in Light - Talking Heads
Aqualung - Jethro Tull
Odessy & Oracle - Zombies

And some stuff from Kansas and Crosby Stills Nash & Young perhaps...

Dreamlord said:
that song by Buffalo Springfield that starts off with "THere's somethin' happening here..." and then has the chorus of "Stop. Hey, what's that sound, everybody look what's goin' down" is a damn masterpiece of songwriting.
That is a cool song...I forgot it's name also :eek:

I like rock music :)

That's the badger!

Now I think I'm finally able to be getting into the Doors proper after speding awhile snubbing them cos a wankky guitarist in a band I used to be in liked 'em :loco:

Dreamlord said:
Oh God. I found all three to be narcolepsy put to disc. I'd rather sit through an Economics class teaching the supply and demand curve than listen to any of those bands.

*high fives Dreamlord*

needs to be mentioned:
Alice Cooper - Love It To Death
The Bog Seger System - Ramblin' Gamblin' Man

ScottG said:
Some stuff I've been listening to lately:

Thin Lizzy - Black Rose
Blue Oyster Cult - Secret Treaties
Uriah Heep - Demons And Wizards
UFO - Strangers In The Night
Scorpions - Taken By Force

When you're in the right mood, nothing beats good old, warm, analog, 70's recordings.

Hi, dickhead!

lizard said:
classic UFO with Schenker
M.S.G.! Fucking kick ass!!! I still say those first two albums are legendary...and I was getting kicks out of the second live album the other week :saint: