The official Esoteric thread

Ugh. I keep listening to it on loop, because it's awesome. It seemed to be missing something at first but the more I listen the better it gets (a signature Skyfire quality for me). I think Skyfire always sounds better when you listen to the album beginning to end, so now it's making it even harder to wait for the album. Gah! This is as infuriating as it is satisfying! But in a good way.

Deleted the song after ~5 listens. If its on the non-released songs EP I think I'll just skip it since I want to be able to play the Esoteric album from beginning to end without feeling like skipping a song. Very good song, I just want it to stay that good until the release ;).

Overall, I liked it.

The bass playing with the piano in the beginning sounded weird...and the drums sounded out of place/strange at times.

I hope the new singer does some high screams too but overall, he sounds good.

I honestly expected to be disappointed but I was wrong...it wasn't great but it wasn't bad. It was just pretty good. Can't wait to hear more :kickass:

I'm surprised too. It's really confusing that people have differing opinions than yours. I just don't understand it, I always thought music was about your opinion and yours only. Damn.

You're right. Maybe it isn't a considence that everyone from this forum who has heard the song so far thinks it's amazing and aren't slightly over enthusiastic about it since it's been 5 years since any new material. that point works in my favor, by the way, that this is what they came up with after all that time? it isn't necessarily bad...just not really too impressive. im sure the album will be solid though.:headbang:

If you don't like it that's fine, wasn't my intention to tell you how to think (but maybe try listening to it a couple times and digest the nuances and maybe you'll have a change of heart?). I was just riffing on your idea of you expecting everyone to share you opinion on it. So far the majority of response has been positive so it's sort of expected that a vocal minority is disappointed. Not sure what there is to be disappointed about but this is the shortest and most "simple" song on the CD so maybe that will give you something to look forward to?

edit: second shortest.

I cannot much remember the specifics in the track and thats how I want it until the EP is released.

But it sounded like Skyfire... A mix of the new and old styles with new elements, exactly what I expected. And wanted.

The vocals were indeed pretty awesome... The change between higher screams and deeper ones is new to Skyfire as well.

I couldn't be more syked...

Other than an epic as fuck intro? :p

If you don't like it that's fine, wasn't my intention to tell you how to think (but maybe try listening to it a couple times and digest the nuances and maybe you'll have a change of heart?). I was just riffing on your idea of you expecting everyone to share you opinion on it. So far the majority of response has been positive so it's sort of expected that a vocal minority is disappointed. Not sure what there is to be disappointed about but this is the shortest and most "simple" song on the CD so maybe that will give you something to look forward to?

Yes, that's why I said I am sure it would be solid. I realize bands usually release the weakest or most simple song as their first single. I have high hopes for the album...it's just the melody of this new song isn't strong in my opinion. To each his own, though.

I'm waiting more anxiously for the new Fjoergyn album. That band is fucking amazing.

lol well I mean there are a few shorter tracks but there are also a bunch of tracks that are pretty long for Skyfire standards. Esoteric the song is "simpler" in comparison to those, but it's by no means a simple song. I mean that verse riff is catchy as fuck and there's a lot of shit going on in the chorus and bridge. I really don't understand what's to not like about it if you liked the older stuff... but there's also some more melodic stuff on the album too as well as heavy "riff" based stuff. There are shorter songs like the one you heard, and there are long songs. Songs with solos and songs without solos. Etc.... I don't want to talk too much about the album though because it's rude on my part to do so and I know Cronopio will rape and murder me.

lol well I mean there are a few shorter tracks but there are also a bunch of tracks that are pretty long for Skyfire standards. Esoteric the song is "simpler" in comparison to those, but it's by no means a simple song. I mean that verse riff is catchy as fuck and there's a lot of shit going on in the chorus and bridge. I really don't understand what's to not like about it if you liked the older stuff... but there's also some more melodic stuff on the album too as well as heavy "riff" based stuff. There are shorter songs like the one you heard, and there are long songs. Songs with solos and songs without solos. Etc.... I don't want to talk too much about the album though because it's rude on my part to do so and I know Cronopio will rape and murder me.

lolzor

I know you's be sittin' on some sweet intel, but I will just have to bide my time. I liked the song though, and have a feeling it will grow on me even more.

286.png

pssssst that was supposed to be a joke about aeonic sitting on sweet intel

i guess it didn't work. :cry: