The official Esoteric thread

And Don, most labels release albums in different territories MONTHS apart. Look at alot of Nuclear Blast releases and you'll see that the US and Euro dates are several months apart. One month difference shouldn't be too much of a big deal considering you'll be able to download it beforehand anyway on the webz.

Lolz I know. The first thing I do every morning is google search the leak. I'm def. downloading it I just can't want to get the actual CD and rip it super HQ so I can hear all of the awesome sexiness in full clarity.

Hey Crono, I will take that longsleeve comment into consideration for the future and suggest it to their merch company.

The issue with me is that I am in no way downloading it before I get the disc. It ruins the experience for me.

Hey man I hear you, I know people like that as well. I'm the opposite, I need the music and then if I like it enough I'll go for the physical package experience. Let me see when these will ship.

And Don, most labels release albums in different territories MONTHS apart. Look at alot of Nuclear Blast releases and you'll see that the US and Euro dates are several months apart. One month difference shouldn't be too much of a big deal considering you'll be able to download it beforehand anyway on the webz.
That's not always true though. On most occasions if the label is same in Europe and USA then the gap between releases is usually few weeks or a month or two, not several months. 2 months may seem like very long time though. Usually the gap is longer when labels aren't same in different territories. On those occasions it might be several months.

Well, I'm lucky to live in Europe so I can get the album in September. But in times like these people can easily get the album via internet and the buy it when the album hits stores. Those longer gaps are unfortunately also gonna hurt the sales when some people just say "Fuck it. I'm not waiting and I'll just dl it" and then they will "forget" to buy it. Most of those people would just dl it anyway but some people are getting it where they can get it fastest.

That's not always true though. On most occasions if the label is same in Europe and USA then the gap between releases is usually few weeks or a month or two, not several months. 2 months may seem like very long time though. Usually the gap is longer when labels aren't same in different territories. On those occasions it might be several months.

Well, I'm lucky to live in Europe so I can get the album in September. But in times like these people can easily get the album via internet and the buy it when the album hits stores. Those longer gaps are unfortunately also gonna hurt the sales when some people just say "Fuck it. I'm not waiting and I'll just dl it" and then they will "forget" to buy it. Most of those people would just dl it anyway but some people are getting it where they can get it fastest.

I really don't understand what the implication of this post is supposed to be, but your first paragraph is pretty much wrong. For example, the Zonaria album was released through Century Media in October 2008, but like December/January in the US. There are lots of reasons to explain situations like these, and they happen all the time.

As I said, if you live in the US and Canada and want the physical product, please just download the CD on the interwebz and wait until the 13th (or unfortunately... just wait without downloading in Bleak's case). If your intention wasn't to buy the CD and just to download it whatever, so be it.

I really don't understand what the implication of this post is supposed to be, but your first paragraph is pretty much wrong. For example, the Zonaria album was released through Century Media in October 2008, but like December/January in the US. There are lots of reasons to explain situations like these, and they happen all the time.

As I said, if you live in the US and Canada and want the physical product, please just download the CD on the interwebz and wait until the 13th (or unfortunately... just wait without downloading in Bleak's case). If your intention wasn't to buy the CD and just to download it whatever, so be it.
Second paragraph wasn't even meant to be an answer to you post, just normal message. But that first paragraph isn't wrong. Statistics aren't created by using just one example. I just implied that the gap isn't always the same. For example new Behemoth will be released in Europe only few days earlier than in USA.

The ONLY real factor that guarantees territorial release dates without a huge gap of some sort is sales. If this is a band that is guaranteed to sell big numbers like in both territories, then the release dates usually aren't months apart. Since Behemoth is huge in Europe and in the US, it makes sense for the dates to be close since this band is going to sell alot of CDs worldwide. Simple as that.

Otherwise there are many forces at play that go into setting release dates, and a lot of labels will tend to release an album a few months apart in Europe than in the US. There are MANY reasons for this. The big one is simply scheduling conflicts between distros, labels, bands, etc. If your band isn't going to move tens of thousands of records, nobody is going to change their release schedule for you.

Let's not derail this thread. No more posts on this topic. You can complain about the release date delay if you wish, but let's save the music industry stuff for another thread.

Album samples. Sounds very good but these quite short samples are also bit annoying because those will leave you crave more and it's still bit over a month until the official release date. But anyway, enjoy. If samples are any indication then Esoteric will be an awesome album. :kickass:

Are you German? Do you know if that site is popular for music over there? Never heard of it hehe.
No, I'm not German so I don't how popular it is, if it is. Last winter I found a link into that site in another forum and I noticed that sometimes on that site you can hear samples of some upcoming albums. So I occasionally check it.

btw fellaz, I told you that the album gets more complex and progressive. Notice that 3 of the songs are 7 + minutes and one is 6 + minutes. :D