the official footy thread

Morpheus said:
ah, sorry Gorik. But it was a very lucky victory. Though i'm glad they managed to go to the next round! But i wanted Celtic to go with em, pity that they got the penalty against them at the end.
Wouldn't you say the match was a bit unfair? I think the ref was a bit one sided, and those guys from Bayern... Well that's everything but fair play, like they exaggarated really in winning time. The ref let everything happen what Bayern did, but when an Anderlecht player slightly touched a Bayern player it was a fault :mad:
The last minutes were simply madness. I'm sorry but it's Anderlecht who should be in the next round.

Anyway, no hard feelings, and I think this post belongs in the Whine thread :Spin:

Cerulean said:
Wouldn't you say the match was a bit unfair? I think the ref was a bit one sided, and those guys from Bayern... Well that's everything but fair play, like they exaggarated really in winning time. The ref let everything happen what Bayern did, but when an Anderlecht player slightly touched a Bayern player it was a fault :mad:
The last minutes were simply madness. I'm sorry but it's Anderlecht who should be in the next round.

Anyway, no hard feelings, and I think this post belongs in the Whine thread :Spin:
ah, well the game is over nothing can be changed, though i saw the game a bit differently, well, two different halfs, first one Bayern was pressing, second Anderlecht had some good chances, and one really good (last shot). About the ref, i'm not quite sure if it was like you said, i guess he wasn't in a good shape as well, but it was for both sides he made some wrong dicisions. Take all the offside decisions, nearly all of them were wrong. Anyway, in the end Bayern won luckily but not because of the ref but cause of their own bad efforts during the second half.

Well, still Anderlecht played a good champ league season. you can be prous Gorik, they gave the others a hard time!

bayern were lucky. and no thorsten, whatever they want you to believe, they were bad as well in the 1st half. cause apart from that penalty there wasnt a real chance. whats the point of 'pressing' then....
the ref sucked. the line men flagged like 6 times off side when it wasnt (both sides) and that penalty, that was a gift. the ball wasnt on his way to pizarro anyway. (yeah why to push then) such things happen like 50 times in a game but here he whistled for a penalty. cunt. bayern isnt worth it to go through. if they are really so good, then they wouldnt keep 8 men behind the ball (when they need to score to win)
fuck you kim milton nielsen and bayern. (do i sound like an anderlecht fan?:erk: )

Mariner said:
bayern were lucky. and no thorsten, whatever they want you to believe, they were bad as well in the 1st half. cause apart from that penalty there wasnt a real chance. whats the point of 'pressing' then....
the ref sucked. the line men flagged like 6 times off side when it wasnt (both sides) and that penalty, that was a gift. the ball wasnt on his way to pizarro anyway. (yeah why to push then) such things happen like 50 times in a game but here he whistled for a penalty. cunt. bayern isnt worth it to go through. if they are really so good, then they wouldnt keep 8 men behind the ball (when they need to score to win)
fuck you kim milton nielsen and bayern. (do i sound like an anderlecht fan?:erk: )

Belgium football will never mean anything on international level. We've got to learn and live with it. The match yesterday was a scam though...

urm didnt anderlecht won the uefa cup once, cup winners cup twice and the european supercup twice as well? :guh:

Mariner said:
you're totally right, but i still think that Bayern were better than Anderlecht in the 1st half, they weren't good, but better than their opponent. At least Bayern had three good chances (two header and a free kick apart from the fake penalty) whereas Anderlecht had one shot which probably hit the last row of the stadium.
Second half the other way around, Anderlecht, pressing, trying to make the draw, some good chances, Bayern one chance after a counter attack, to passive.
I'm not defending Bayern or the ref like i posted before. In fact it's the other way around. You're totally right about the offside situation, i was like wtf? they really seemed to be blind. But this also happened on both sides.

I'm still lucky Bayern made it a round further, sorry for that ;)