A decent football thread

American football starts next week- anyone here an american football fan- go bengals is all i have to say.

Why do Europeans hate American football so much? the brutality- or the complexity?

Originally posted by speed
American football starts next week- anyone here an american football fan- go bengals is all i have to say.

Why do Europeans hate American football so much? the brutality- or the complexity?
Actually it's because it's not football, since it is allowd to carry the ball with your hands hehehe :p

Seriously now... It is just not a popular sport in europe... Besides, there is another similar game over here called rugby. Pretty popular in countries like England :)

Take care

Because of hundreds of interruptions per game. There´s no flow.
By the way I´m a Packers supporter ;)

Yeah, I love Rugby- I religiously watch the New Zealand games, and briefly played rugby- I agree rugby is better than football- it is a shame its not big in the US

Packers supporter, hey quagmire, dont hink they will do much this year, yet with favre you never know.

And yes We use our feet for punting, kicking off, field goals.

Well i suppose i should rethink that packers comment- they probably will do very well- just fall flat in the playoffs- as they have done for the past few years.

Here is another interesting topic- soccer or football in America- contrary to popular european belief - football is very popular with small kids, and girls- most played sport by girls- but no one and i mean no one except fpr a segment of recent soccer players cares about the sport over here- I always wondered why theydont curt a few players off the field- and revise off sides- so some one actually scores once in a while

Joe montana was king, not the most physically gifted, but that didnt matter- as a bengal fan I should know- he crushed my young dreams in 89- with a comeback with under 2minutes left in the super bowl. Marino was still the best quarterback, especially when he was young- he wasnt the athlete Elway was- but man that arm was just gold.

Joe montana was king, not the most physically gifted, but that didnt matter- as a bengal fan I should know- he crushed my young dreams in 89- with a comeback with under 2minutes left in the super bowl. Marino was still the best quarterback, especially when he was young- he wasnt the athlete Elway was- but man that arm was just gold.

Montana ruled... with him the 49ers were almost unbeatable ...!:)
anyway, back to the 'real' football - Cologne !!! (though they haven't been playing 'real' football for quite a while now ):cry: ... and as for the English teams - sorry, but I've got a Liverpool shirt :D ... and I (personally) think the Premier League is most interesting one... :D

Must say that soccer is the game to play but i much prefer to watch rugby{played both enjoyed playing soccer more than rugby more skill involved}but then again im a biased New Zelander by the you will never walk alone!come on all you reds.and the All blacks for the 2003 world cup nuf said.

Now that was a great game. I support the good old Niners and I remember a Bengals player saying something like this:

With two minutes to go: "Too much time for number 16."

That game was class, especially the kick off or punt return td by Ickey Woods. AWESOME!!!

Getting back to real football. What is your opinion on the new Real offense? Are they invincible?

I think they are very strong contenders for all competitions this year. But one has to reckon that they have no squad depth and a mediocre central defense.

Talking about soccer and football? Read this . :lol:

Originally posted by Wildsau

Now that was a great game. I support the good old Niners and I remember a Bengals player saying something like this:

That game was class, especially the kick off or punt return td by Ickey Woods. AWESOME!!!

Getting back to real football. What is your opinion on the new Real offense? Are they invincible?

I think they are very strong contenders for all competitions this year. But one has to reckon that they have no squad depth and a mediocre central defense.

haha, nice article, hard stuff sometimes, but anyway funny!:lol:
I like our rivalry with England, as long as it is just in sports and people don't make it a rivalry in general!
yeah, i also like this thread coming back to "real" football, sorry lads, I'm not into american football, and i didn't like it that much, that might be because i watched this year a game with a friend of mine who is a big fan, but has not the possible to watch it. So the game started at 2.30 a.m. and ended at nearly 6 a.m. !!!! And it was so boring, nothing happened till the last few minutes. Twas college football, Roseball methinks, puh, it was also hard keeping my eyes open, hehe.

Real Madrid: hell they got a big deal with Ronaldo they think. I'm on the point that he his a bit overestimated, what he scored mostly during the worldcup this year was very easy so that a mediocre forward would scored them. I don't want to say he isn't a good player, but not that great as many people NOW see him. Maybe he'll come back to his old strength before his injury. That's my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong.

That's it for now,

cheers.

P.S.: I nearly forgot Reds draw against Newcastle, they were at the end a bit too sure about their Victory, eh? Ol Shearer made them a draw, pity, but that's football.

Originally posted by Wildsau

That was a Chris Collinsworth quote...

Buffalo's!!!

But perhaps I'm the only one who's interested in the Belgian league. Yeah, I know, the most of the teams are crap... But hey, we don't have many teams with debts!

Oh yeah, my favourite team is KAA Ghent,, the Buffalo's, the Gantoise! Next year we'll win the champions league, that's for sure. We've got enough money, you know...
corkysm53.gif

Originally posted by Morpheus

Real Madrid: hell they got a big deal with Ronaldo they think. I'm on the point that he his a bit overestimated, what he scored mostly during the worldcup this year was very easy so that a mediocre forward would scored them. I don't want to say he isn't a good player, but not that great as many people NOW see him. Maybe he'll come back to his old strength before his injury. That's my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong.

Well, I think that it's good for him he left Italy. If you're too good, they make sure you can't play good... p.e. why people think Totti is a weeper, because he's afraid to get injured!
No Ronaldo is just superb. He made goals, and he gives away opportunities for others to score. And BTW, why we're these goals from him that easy? Because he make his own space to score...