2007 AFL Thread

I've been trying to think though, and I can't actually remember Gehrig punching anyone, apart from a tap on the stomach of a Collingwood player that he got a week for. He threw people around a lot in tackles, but if he punched people he would have spent a lot of time on the sidelines.

This year has possibly the worst top 8 ever. Crows finish 8 and we have a run better than if we had finished 4th. First week Hawks, will win that, then, assuming cats beat kangas, we play kangas, then, in prelim, if port beat WC, we beat port.

What an awesome run!

I've been trying to think though, and I can't actually remember Gehrig punching anyone, apart from a tap on the stomach of a Collingwood player that he got a week for. He threw people around a lot in tackles, but if he punched people he would have spent a lot of time on the sidelines.

:) He probably hasn't hit as many people as Barry Hall. I just don't like him. :lol:

Dän;6479169 said:
This year has possibly the worst top 8 ever. Crows finish 8 and we have a run better than if we had finished 4th. First week Hawks, will win that, then, assuming cats beat kangas, we play kangas, then, in prelim, if port beat WC, we beat port.

What an awesome run!

That's assuming a lot. I could say, well, Swans will beat Collingwood, then Geelong, then Eagles (all teams we haven't beaten all year), then smash the Crows in the Grand Final. But that won't happen.

This is the year I wish St Kilda were good, as it's more open than any other year in recent times. If the Hawks can finish as high as they did, you know there aren't many stand out teams. They're terrible.

Dän;6414308 said:
haha, unfortunately it is not; we can still make the 8, but it doesnt really matter anyways.

I guess I'll shut my big mouth.

It was a shame to see Ricciuto's career end like that, but it's often the way it goes when your last game's a final, I guess.

I don't rate Collingwood, but they seem to do well against Sydney. I doubt they'll make it any further than next week anyway. Could well be a Geelong v Port grand final. I'm hoping the Cats win, as they've been the best team all year. They just beat North Melbourne by 106 points!!

Go Cats!

Can't believe I have hardly posted in the thread this year! haha.. Not much to say other than we've been good. Very good.

I don't follow AFL at all but I saw on ESPN that Saverio Rocca made his debut for the Philadelphia Eagles over the weekend.

Not a bad career move at all. If successful, guys like him can punt there for another ten years after their AFL career finishes. Darren Bennett left Melbourne FC to do they same thing a decade or more ago.