2007 AFL Thread

I remember the commotion Bennett caused when he joined.... the look of horror on the face of his coaches was hilarious when he made a tackle during a game. They were used to the kicker taking the punt and then hiding :lol:

Not a bad career move at all. If successful, guys like him can punt there for another ten years after their AFL career finishes. Darren Bennett left Melbourne FC to do they same thing a decade or more ago.

On the NFL wiki page, the MINIMUM salary for a ROOKIE is $US285,000 :oops:

I've heard rumours of him coming home for a few years, and it's finally happening. I wish we were in the running for his services so I could get excited! Carlton are in the best bargaining position, but who'd want to go there?

:headbang: :)

Bartel looked a very humble winner - nice one.

I played a Brownlow drinking game with a couple of mates. Had to have a shot every time Robert Harvey or one of our ineligible players got a vote. Later extended it to anyone with a guernsey number in the 20s. I got up and got dressed today, but then had to call in sick.

I saw the last ten minutes or so (as is my AFL grand final tradition) and thought the better team won.

Yet again, a player I've never heard of wins the Norm Smith medal (just like the Brownlow). Goes to show just how little I know about the game. I only really know AFL players if they play for Brisbane or get caught up in some sort of scandal. Oh, and if they're just absolutely huge stars. Other than that I'm quite clueless.

That was an awesome grand final to watch. They need to either be close (like 1989 and 2006) or a complete and utter blowout, like Saturday. Those 60 point wins are lame, but this was a goalfest, so I enjoyed it. Plus Geelong had been waiting since 1963, so it was great to see them shit all over Port and then some.

If it's any consolation, Spiff, I don't know Johnson (who won the Norm Smith medal) very well either.

Where's Sydo?