the AFL thread 2006

I've got my fridge well stocked for Saturday, I'm choosing to believe the Crows will get over the line and make the finals - the odds are good I should place a bet but I'm lazy.

nice

I'm going to the game, then goin our afterwards, either to get pissed and celebrate, or get pissed to comiserate, either way its going to be a good night haha

That's the good thing about playing during the day - if you win you've got hours to celebrate afterwards!

Fuck me! so close

Anyone see the last centre bounce, Goody was off! then the fuckin ump pulls a free from is arse!

Oh well, Life goes on aye!

Yeah that was a close one. It probably wouldn't have resulted in anything, but the Crows' run was halted suddenly at the end there!

I reckon it's pretty hard to pick. The Swans are hard to break down, while the Weagles have probably been the best side over the year, and are due one against Sydney.

Sam Fisher for the Brownlow!

sam fisher, nah, goods or west for sure...hang on, thats on now, what the fuck am i doin on here then...

Wests got this one in the bag, round 11, no one can catch him now...surely!

Goodes just did!

I was only kidding about Fisher. He'll probably do well in our best and fairest, but is never gonna get anywhere near the Brownlow.

Fark, I didnt think west could be beaten. I couldnt believe how shit Goodwin polled, and Lade is a cunt, everytime the camera went on him he looked like a complete tool.

What a knob!

It's a shame Goodes didn't draw with West. That would have been great.

Robert Harvey 200 career votes, and our highest vote winner for the year at the age of 35. What a fucking legend.

I thought Lade looked a tool as well! It was the facial expressions and actions he made every time the camera was on him....

ceydn said:
Why did he look like a tool?

He reminded me of what Ratten used to look like at the Brownlow.

Winner by far was Travis Johnstone though. Every time the camera went on him he kissed the dude next to him. Then he was in the background of one shot and licked him!

He just is. By round 4 he had the coaster on his nose, trying to be a funny cunt.

Sydney lost in the first half. It was like watching a slapstick comedy troupe running about. Buchanan fumbling in front of goal, Hall missing from right in front, Thompson doing nothing... But the final quarter was a fucking cracker!

ceydn said:
How good was Ted Richards? I thought he should've gotten the Norm Smith by far.

Especially O'Keefe's goal! I was absolutely jumping in the air!

My dad just about deafened our entire street when O'Keefe's goal trickled through haha

Richards just seemed to be EVERYWHERE in the last quarter

I listened to the first half in the car on the way north, then watched the second half at a pub in Goulburn. It was very tense indeed! It was a shame for Sydney, but WCE kinda deserved a premiership after making two grand finals in a row.

God, I can't believe I just said that.