the AFL thread 2006

Did anyone see Matt Maguire's broken leg? It made me feel both sick and sad. My dad heard the crack as it happened.

Winmar said:
Did anyone see Matt Maguire's broken leg? It made me feel both sick and sad. My dad heard the crack as it happened.

yeh that was terrible, its looks so sick to see a bone just snap like that

Winmar said:
You just don't want to see stuff like that happen to anyone. :(

Haha Essendon just beat Collingwood! :)

I know, what an upset aye!

damn I hope my tips hold up, 2 in front with 4 rounds to go, 200 bucks on the line :headbang:

Priest of Evil said:
Can't wait to see Freo suffer mmaaawwwhahaha! *crosses fingers to avoid egg*

:kickass:

We (crows) have some big outs, Roo, Burton, but also some good ins, Welsh, Bock, Pezza, Macca, Skipworth amongst others

Winmar said:
Wtf were the Crows doing today??!!

mate I dont know! I hope this turns around come finals, which it should given the players we will get back

Winmar said:
Who would you get rid of, Sydo? The Cats were pretty average today.

The playing list really isn't too bad. There's a little bit of deadwood - mostly 3rd-4th year players who seem to be going nowhere (McCarthy, Gardiner, Playfair..). We had an almost injury free year too - so there is no excuse for the season.

Changes need to come from the top.. coaching and leadership has been atrocious all year.

10 goal win against Melbourne today, very pleasing
Still going to be tough from here though with the great amound of injuries to important players

It's nice to be in the finals, but also a bit pointless when you've got no hope of winning. We finished 6th - how embarrassing.

Yeh the Saints have had another disappointing season, your mob just needs to get all of its players on the damn park at one time and you'll be right.

No prelim final to be played at MCG either this year :err:

We could beat Melbourne, but they're always very tough to beat. Even if we won, we'd have to play in Adelaide or Perth the following week, for the golden opportunity to have another interstate prelim! It's been pretty bloody shit for the most part. Injuries have indeed killed us though. We've got the fullest lineup at the moment since the start of the year, yet still have Hayes and Maguire missing, plus a few second stringers.

Oh yeah, no MCG prelim. :( That's the fault of the Victorian sides for not being good enough to finish in the top 4. We had a home prelim last year, but fucked it up big time.

Nicky Winmar was on Where Are They Now? this evening. I love that man.

Looks like most people at the start of teh year had Adelaide, WC, Geelong at Saints as top 4. Who would have thought freo would finish 3rd aye! They are playing some good footy atm. Its a matter if they can continue on this run for another 3 games or not, or if they will get stage fright, remembering that they have only played 1 finals match and lost it

yeah tough times for Freo and their 9 game winning streak. Crows won well on the weekend and I'll back them to beat Freo to (as I always do) but Crows will have to work their guts out and be accurate in their disposals to get on top. Funny how all the top teams had resounding victories last week, bar the Demons...

Hey all, I ended up 2nd place by just 2 in tipping with a score of 110 and won $20 instead of $500. :lol:

Going to see St Kilda v Melbourne tomorrow night. I am busting I am so excited! :loco:

Winmaaaaaarrrr :Spin:

Jo said:
Hey all, I ended up 2nd place by just 2 in tipping with a score of 110 and won $20 instead of $500. :lol:

Going to see St Kilda v Melbourne tomorrow night. I am busting I am so excited! :loco:

Winmaaaaaarrrr :Spin:

ah bad luck man, I came first at my mums work, 124 right for the year, pocketed a cool 200 :headbang: