the AFL thread 2006

Winmar said:
Fuck yeah, we finally had a great win! 2 points over Sydney at the SCG. I can rest easier now.

That was a very good effort, i tipped sydney by alot in hat game...Riewaldt was fantastic.
Im just happy the crows were finally able to beat Brisbane up at the Gabba, last time we played them there we lost by 141 points!

Gary Ablett voted as greatest Cats player of all time.

Fucking good call.

I don't think a player will ever touch the mightyness that Ablett had on the field again... so that call makes me happy :headbang:

Forget Buckley... forget Leigh Matthews...

GARY ABLETT IS WHERE ITS AT!

Winny: Yeah, Dal Santo got 167 had me very happy... didn't go as well this game dammit. Bowden went well though, and he's my captain. Injuries are killing me as well... especially down back. Schneider kicked 3! Best trade I've done in a while, thassfosho.

Oh, also like to post that it's very sad that Wanganeen has retired now - absolute champion. Has always been my favourite player and it sucks to not have him on the field anymore.

Yeh Wanganeen was a very good player, the game will miss him. To bad he played out his days at port though

Speaking of Port (who I go for, let the rivalry begin Danallica :p), gee we are giving Hawthorn their behinds handed to them on a plate, with a side of NUT STOMPING.

Ohhh hhoooooo this is AWESOME.

ceydn said:
Speaking of Port (who I go for, let the rivalry begin Danallica :p), gee we are giving Hawthorn their behinds handed to them on a plate, with a side of NUT STOMPING.

Ohhh hhoooooo this is AWESOME.

Port are hitting their straps now a bit, as much as i dislike port i must say they are playing some very good footy atm. Sure they only beat Carlton by 30 odd and Hawks arent much of a team these days but still you guys got some good youngsters commin through

...Yes indeed let the rivalry begin :kickass:

I'm very fucking pissed off WC pulled that out of their arse. It would have been great if they'd lost it. They were paying $1.05, and Carlton about $15.

Riewoldt's mark saved us, like Barry's saved Sydney in last year's grand final. :)

Priest of Evil said:
Del Santo, where are you...

hahahah:)

63 points later:p

:kickass:

Man, cant believe port beat WC...Damn

oh well, Crows top of the ladder :kickass:

There were some interesting results this weekend!

St Kilda finally showed a bit of form, Footscray won in Perth, Geelong got hammered by the Crows and Richmond beat Collingwood.

I expect Adelaide to win the premiership.

^yeah that would be cool, they're certainly making a meal of most teams they meet. Be interesting to see how the upcoming game against West Coast pans out, they seem like our biggest threat.

Priest of Evil said:
^yeah that would be cool, they're certainly making a meal of most teams they meet. Be interesting to see how the upcoming game against West Coast pans out, they seem like our biggest threat.

Yeh for sure, very disappointing last year to finish top and to bow out in the Prelim to WC, who we had beaten oly like 4 weeks earlier away. We got Sydney this week away, then about 3 weeks later, WC also away, if we can get over both those teams that would be great because its really only WC who are going to bother us come finals...possibly collingwood or Melbourne depending on the day they are having

I wasn't exactly happy with the prelim last year either! The St Kilda v Sydney one.....

I'm not exactly an Adelaide fan, to say the least, but I don't mind seeing teams which are clearly the best win the premiership. Like Carlton in 1995. I hated them, but they had a great side.

ceydn said:
Hot tip: Shaun Burgoyne, lay $10 down on him for Brownlow.

Hes playing well but i cant see him winning the Brwonlow, Im with Goodwin this year