the AFL thread 2006

BOO!! There's nothing I hate more in life than Liverpool winning anything, especially the usual pullitoutoftheirarselastminuteequaliser shit that they usually come out with. I was a West Ham fan for an evening last night. :(

Sydney are a good side, and didn't fluke last year's premiership, but won't win again this year. :) I think Adelaide are in with a real shot.

Hehe it's always nice to see Richmond get caned.

This is unrelated to footy, but I came overall 2nd of 85 people in the Premier League tipping at work, and won $210. That's paying for my Living Colour tickets! :headbang:

I suppose many of you have Dream Teams. Next year we should make a Maiden Downunder league. Not that im that huge a fan of football, in fact I'd probably wooden spoon that league, but its good fun.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, http://afl10.virtualsports.com.au/ . Make your team from players in AFL, you score depending on possesions, goals, passes that sort of thing. Gets pretty tense, thinking about making trades and whatknot, and it's all my friends talk about at school, but I missed the boat to join this year.

Sydo said:
Wooden Spoon;
Essendon - sure they were great last night, but I'm sticking with this prediction. I think they're in for a terrible few years.

Watch out for Hawthorn! They've got the players to make the finals, and just have to start putting the wins together.

Sydney? Who cares.

I am smart.

Sydney - If they can win this week against the bulldogs, I dare say that there are playing better football than last year!

Yeah the Dawks are doing pretty well this year. They've got a few good young players, which always helps.

I've got a team in that league, Incarnate. It's hard to go super well without keeping a close eye on it, but I suppose I do ok. Yeah it'd be fun to do something like you suggested next season.

Incarnate said:
I suppose many of you have Dream Teams. Next year we should make a Maiden Downunder league. Not that im that huge a fan of football, in fact I'd probably wooden spoon that league, but its good fun.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, http://afl10.virtualsports.com.au/ . Make your team from players in AFL, you score depending on possesions, goals, passes that sort of thing. Gets pretty tense, thinking about making trades and whatknot, and it's all my friends talk about at school, but I missed the boat to join this year.

Yeah, I got one for the afl and one for the herald sun. The herald sun league is miles better though and far more intense.

I do it with my mates though, so a MD league I wouldn't join.

Haha, it's all me and my mates talk about.

I'm so glad I picked up Brendan Lade when he was cheap... he's now statistically the best ruckman in the league and his price has risen by over $100,000.00. I also got Jobe Watson when he was cheap and his has risen by $250,000.00!!!

Judd is pwning the competition up at the moment though... and Jonathon Brown had the best round of the season so far. Lenny Hayes has been inconsistent but good, same with Josh Carr... Nick Dal Santo has been consistent, but nothing amazing (apart from one round).

Now I'm just blabbering about it again! But last week was strange for me - usually my midfield carries me (at the start I had Dal Santo, Carr, Kirk and Dew) but Kirk wasn't doing that great so I traded him for Simpson from the Roos... only to have Kirk play the game of his life last week! Carr, Simpson and Dew didn't do much either :(

Anyway, that's enough about me talking about the herald sun thing.

Lenny Hayes has been better than Dal Santo on the field, even if the stats don't always reflect that. :)

Hmm I should try the HS one sometime. Josh Fraser is gunning it for me in the ruck, and he didn't cost much.

Winmar said:
Lenny Hayes has been better than Dal Santo on the field, even if the stats don't always reflect that. :)

Hmm I should try the HS one sometime. Josh Fraser is gunning it for me in the ruck, and he didn't cost much.

I have him too!

Best pickups I did:

Ben Hart - $+107,900

Michael Johnson - $+194,200

Josh Carr - $+107,900

Brendan Lade - $+185,700

Josh Fraser - $+180,400

Jobe Watson - $+242,900

Brendan Fevola - $+105,000

Brent Guerra - $+134,900

Dale Thomas - $+205,600

---

I'm third best in terms of points in my league... but I had 2 opening matches that were damn hard, so I'm only in 8th position on the ladder. Got an easy win this week though, so I'll be climbing that ladder so fast, you won't hear me shit my pants.