the AFL thread 2006

WC vs Bulldogs
Freo vs Ds

Ill got with the two Western Australian teams, I cant see the dogs beating WC, teh Ds have a show, but not a real good one. That leaves Sydney to play Freo and WC to play Crows in the prelim

Hence it will be a Swans and WC GF again I think, unless somehow the crows can beat WC at aami for the first time in like 3 years

I'm going for the Dogs now, not that they'll make it past this coming weekend either. After that I couldn't give a shit who wins.

Grant Thomas was sacked today!

Man I couldnt believe thmas was sacked, there must be something going on behind the scenes there because he has got the Saints to 2 prelims and a semi in the last 3 years, given the high profile injuries that teams had, thats not a bad effort

And they were only 1 kick away from beating port in 2004 to get into the GF!

Yeah I know, it's a strange one. :( He had a falling out with the president, Rod Butterss, a year or two ago. That may have something to do with it, although they both deny it.

That was a good game last night, i enjoyed it alot. Well done to Freo

I'm sorta kinda following the AFL now. I'm going for Freo.

Last weekend I watched my first-ever full game, the Freo-Adelaide game. Meh. I'll give it another go some time, just seems like a whole lotta nothing spread out over a too-long period of time. But it's kinda enjoyable in spots.

Keep watching, Spiff. You'll get it eventually.

I don't have a team to follow this AFL season now, so it's NRL all the way for me in 2006.

Danallica said:
WC vs Bulldogs

it will be a Swans and WC GF again I think, unless somehow the crows can beat WC at aami for the first time in like 3 years
Here's hoping!

Yeh, but with Burton back and possibly macca, although I doubt him, we might be able to pull it off, its matter of trying to at least come off equal with their mid field, which is a huge task. Our defenders should be able to do a better job this time round though

So its

Adelaide v WC
Sydeney v Freo

Im tipping another Sydney WC granny, although I havent given hope on my Crows just yet! Macca and Birdman back, and I bet you Roo plays

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Sydney v WC again. It'd be yet another grand final I couldn't give a fuck about!